Airtel DTH service

hey guys

I am looking for authorized airtel DTH centre here if any one knows about it??

what is the standard monthly package when i am looking for few sports,movies and news channel

i have read the previous posts but cudn't get anything regarding the same

I don't think there are any "authorized" airtel providers here.

Any satellite dish fixing shop will be able to get you and airtel dish and receiver set up. The set up cost is about BD80 to 100 depending on who does this for you, Monthly charges vary - from about BD5 to BD10 per month.

Its best you ask people in your area who they got their connections from. The guy who did my set up is a lone operator who does this as a side business. Upside costs are low. Downside, he does not have a backup so if he is out of the country or does not answer the phone, you are helpless. If you go to an established shop, then prices maybe few dinars higher but at least you will know where the guy is based if you have any problems.

Sorry for asking this question. May sound basic, but what is DTH? As a general rule, we avoid acronyms and text talk on Expat.com, to prevent confusion.

Farhaz,

DTH stands for "Direct to home" services, in India the terminology is widely used, services provided by airtel, bigtv. dishtv, suntv etc.

T&R
Arjun,.

Thanks for the clarification, Arjun.

What is common for some may not be common for others. That is why we avoid short versions, acronyms and text talk here. :)

The only accepted acronym on Expat.com is "EB" - which stands for "Expat.com"  :lol:

Syed - please let me know if you want the contact numbers of the guys who sorted my airtel connection out.

@farhaz-thanx for the info bro...i had a word with my nieghbour and he told me that he got the dish and the reciever from India itself.... he gets it recharge from India only and he is paying one third of the amount he has to pay here for recharge..

i'll see if i can find a shop here in Adliya....else will ask for your help!

@Arjun- rightly said!

Did u found anyone

This is a four year old thread.