Minimum cost of living

hi i am pakistani, i want to know what is the minimum cost of living in vietnam, can u live in under 200 dollars

It depends the location... yes you can live with that cost if you live very simply  :)

nice,  glad to talk to u, u sem to be a south asian fellow, i want to work and study as well,
can u plz add me on skype anwar_ud_din

...need some more info, bro, thanx in advance

It depends on where you live. That amount is enough for a student like me to live in Hanoi.

can foreigners get jobs at call centers...or similar places...i want to come to vietnam on visit visa of course without a work permit, but will later quickly try to find an employment, i have telemarketing experience as well some coding skills, but just want to know if there is a workaround,

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

$200 is way too low to get by if you're in the city, despite the fact that's the average salary for most vietnamese.  I would say $500 is good

mikeymyke wrote:

$200 is way too low to get by if you're in the city, despite the fact that's the average salary for most vietnamese.  I would say $500 is good

i know, but my point is ....... prepare for worst.......that is what i think, i can afford 300-350,

aspie_delight wrote:
mikeymyke wrote:

i know, but my point is ....... prepare for worst.......that is what i think, i can afford 300-350,

I don't know the city you will be in, but if you take HCMC for example, this is what you're likely to spend:

$200/month for 1 bedroom apartment (that figure will vary depending on the district)
$180/month for food (3 meals a day, $2 a meal, 30 days a month = $180/month)

These are just the basic necessities, shelter and food, and already you're almost $400 a month

Yes, I agree with you.  $200 just enough for local vietnamese. $500 per month including: small room + meal ( cook by him self ) + drink and public bus or rent cheap motor bike.

It is not enough,, how about your visa? if working ? you should have work permit now days very strict.. i prefer if you can't get a good job over 1000$ then better don't come...

What if you fall sick ?

Yeah if you fall sick, better have insurance.