Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa

Hi kshettigar, Mr JD,

Immigration rules keep changing on an ever regular basis here in the Sultanate.

That is why it is best for you to check with your prospective employers as to what the latest rules and regulations are.

Since only the employer's PRO has access to the government authorities, only he would know the exact and the latest update on these issues.

I can tell you what the rules were sometime back. But I may not know what exactly is the latest on the same. That is why it is best to check with your respective employers.

Ultimately, it is your sponsor / employer who is entirely responsible for everything official about you and your families.

I am trying to get my wife in Oman on family visa but her family visa got rejected since my designation on work visa is stated as "embroidery". There is no issue with the minimum salary requirement and I have also got company accommodation. Please advise what do I do so I can get my wife to stay with me

Hi n_m2015,

This is a very common issue, not just with you, but with many other expatriate employees.

Since your employer would not have had the labour clearance for your specific job at the time of appointing you, they must have got you in on whatever labour clearance that they might have had then.

You must take up this issue with your employer seriously. But before you do that, see what is mentioned in your employment contract - whether you are eligible for family status or not. If yes, then it is the responsibility of your employer to ensure you family joins you.

Thank you very much Sir for your reply. Yes, I have a grade to get my family on asking my HR to change my designation they are saying we dont have labour clearance. My wife comes and stays on visit visa for 4 months and they again we re-apply for her visa. What do i do please help me? Also please tell me if exit is required while changing the designation on visa?

Hi n_m2015,

I know it - it is a labour clearance issue - obviously.

When the employer does not follow the country's immigration rules, the employee pays the price. Like you are paying now.

Unfortunately, you cannot do anything. the employer has to apply for your position;'s labour clearance and the Ministry of Manpower has to grant your employer that clearance. Only then can they change it in your official papers. But as you employer is well aware, it is easier said than done.

Until the Ministry of Manpower grants your employer that clearance, I am afraid your wife has to keep travelling back and forth every 4 months !

If your employer does not wield enough clout with the ministries concerned, then there could be further complications of a 3-month waiting period between visits.

Thank you very much for your help !

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
vijay vj
GAMCA approved medical centers in Oman...
By vijay vj
Family joining visa
By J1987
visa change
By qwerty_701
family visa information
By amjad78
Family joining visa expires
By Bijoy007
Family Joining visa requirements
By sivinsds

Expatriate health insurance in Muscat