HELP!!! Need good moving company from US to Costa Rica.

Has anyone moved from US to Costa Rica recently?  Any recommendations on a good moving company?  We need to move two cars and all of our house furniture, clothing and kids stuff.  Anything we should be aware of? All input is greatly appreciated it!

We are using Barry Wilson and Arden Brink We have spoken with quite a few folks who have moved with different companies and based on the most positive response this is who we chose.  I have been corresponding with Arden for quite a few months and her help and insight has been phenomenal and we do not yet even have a signed contract.  While we are in Canada our container will be leaving from the same coast as yours would.
Cheers .... Terry

We know Arden Brink also and recommend that you talk to her.  We also recommend you talk with our friends, Paul and Gloria Yeatman at www.retireforlessincostarica.com  They've been in CR for 5 years and know so much good info.  Tell me them Vikki and Andre referred you! 

We wish we were ready to go but probably need another year to wrap things up here.  Enjoy the adventure!

I totally agree with the earlier posts. I have used Ship CR, with Arden and Barry for my move, car and total household, the first time I moved to Costa Rica. It was a very successful move, easy to work with both of them. I have lived in the states for four years now and am currently working on another move back. You will find Paul and Gloria a very useful resource for living in Costa Rica info.

Charles Zeller [email protected]
Phone from US 866-245-6923
He did an  outstanding job for us last July moving goods and vehicle from Florida

We had a good experience moving some furniture with APA Worldwide Movers in December 2012.  They arranged for a local moving company to come to our house in Colorado, packed all of the boxes and then crated the boxes and furniture, shipped to Costa Rica (approx 8 weeks), handled all paperwork at customs, shipped the crates to Tamarindo and unpacked the boxes and re-assembled furniture.

Where in the US are you moving from?  How much of the preparation do you want to do yourself - are you looking for door-to-door service that you do not have to think about or are you willing to do some of the ground work yourself?