Baby day care facilities in nairobi

hi,

moving to nairobi soon with a 6 month old baby...want to check on :

a. baby day care facilities available
b. cost for the same
c. how safe and reliable they are

pls help and respond asap as taking up of the assignment depends on whether i can find a suitable place for my little one while i am away at work.

hi,

thanks for the response. But are nannies good esp given the crime rate in nairobi that one keeps reading about ?

Is it safe to leave the baby with nanny at home alone ?

how much do day care centres cost ? IS there any site i can go an check them out ?

Thanks.
Anamika

Isn't six months too young? I saw one on my way to work in Kileleshwa area but I think you can search based on the area you will be residing. I've done research and I've realized very few take kids at that age unfortunately its hard to get this info online as well. You might have to get a nanny and I dont think its tooo risky as you are thinking.

Hi,

You are right to be a bit cautious in your feelings about a nanny. I think you will need to first choose your location of residence to be near your place of work (just to beat the traffic). Then as you get used to the area, you can seek advice from the neighbourhood. Some areas themselves are dodgy, whilst others are in safe surroundings.

There is no nanny service websites unfortunately, and yes most working mothers opt to use nannies but your caution is well placed.

Regards.

If you get all the credentials from the Nanny, you wouldn't have a problem with insecurity.
You just have to get a background check and get all details you need before leaving someone at home with your kids.

Regards
Monicah

LaraswatiPujiastuti Bitan wrote:
Monicah Nashid wrote:

If you get all the credentials from the Nanny, you wouldn't have a problem with insecurity.
You just have to get a background check and get all details you need before leaving someone at home with your kids.

Regards
Monicah

you are the next. I was married with rudi...he leave. But we are married by church. For ever

You have posted on an old thread here. And you post has nothing to do with the subject matter. You could open a new post if you wish.