Looking for info

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm curious about opening a Small Engine Mechanic Service in Paraguay.  I've read the residency requirements and they're very reasonable. Is there a demand for skilled Small Engine mechanics ( motorcycles, scooters, outdoor power equipment, etc...) ?

you know, one of the best things that you can do in Paraguay is being self-employed, I'm Paraguayan by the way, I have an Uncle that is mechanic down there and he lives a pretty decent life there, he has his own mechanic shop, I used to work for him before I came here to the U.S. and let me tell you, what I saw is that he was really succesfull, he had wealthy clients and he had jobs all the time, and knowing Paraguayan people as I know, I think you'll be succesfull too, because, Paraguayan people loves foreigners, specially americans, and If you open your own mechanic shop and the people find out that you're american, that'll be enough publicity for you, wealthy people will prefer ten times more an American than a Paraguayan Mechanic, because, most of the mechanics, didn't went to school, they just learned to be fix engines just by looking and so forth, there are not qualified people to do complex repairing, most of the mechanics doesn't know how to fix a electronic fuel injection car, they do it by using their imagination using the obsolete knowledge that they have about the subject and if you make the right connections, you can work by changing steering wheels from the right to the left, because car dealers bring from Chile used cars from Asia and all they have steering wheels on the right side, and I knew a lot of people that just does that, change the steering wheel from the right to the left to make then suitable for the Paraguayan traffic, and yes, they've opened motorcycle factories there and there's a lot of motorcycles to work with down there, in fact, you'll be wanted by the factories down there if you go with your resume, anyway! good luck!

Jorge, thanks for that info! I really appreciate it and I'll research switching steering columns from right to left. Electronic fuel injection is essential with the newer model machines. I have even seen EFI systems on small 2 cycle machines, however with the right tuning and maintenance carburetors can be very efficient and cost effective. Thanks again for the reply.

yup! anytime!