Work part time

Does any one know if I will be able to work part time. My husband is a member of eu but I am not part of eu . We have been married 18 years. Will I have to apply for work permit if I want a part time job. Thanks

Hi Rocky,

once your husband has registered himself and you as his family member as residents in Malta you can work full-time or part-time.

You will just have to tell ETC that you are working , like every other EU citizen. You have the same rights.

Cheers
Ricky

Is rocky a guy?

danno wrote:

Is rocky a guy?

Two people (husband and wife) using the same identity on this blog.
As if it's anyone's business but their own.

Thanks for the info.

It is what I thought as I have read the gov site. We will be coming to malta under self sufficiency, however after settling we may wish to take up,part time work as we are still quite young and may want to keep busy. 

Can we still be self sufficient and then register for work if we are able to find part time work.

Also should my husband decide to go self employed is this ok. I know he would be liable to pay his own contributions tax etc.  what I mean is if we are self sufficient can we switch if we want to and me get part time work and or my husband set up business and be self employed.

Thanks for all the advice

Hi Rocky,

once your husband (EU citizen) has registered and received residency as self-sufficient for himself and for you , you can both change your status to employed anytime. Part-time or full-time does not make a difference. You both have the same rights as EU citizens in Malta.

Initially your husband will have to show the finances and health insurance or entitlement for himself and for you as economically self-sufficient when registering residency.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the info. You have been very helpful

Will copies of bank statements showing finances be ok to show for self sufficiency?  We want to make sure we have all the correct paper work with us when we are in malta.

Hi Rocky,

yes, bank statements are fine. The amounts are listed in the regulations. And don't forget the health coverage ! They are quite strict on that.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks again for your help

I have searched in gov website but couldn't find the amounts I want to make sure I have the latest up to date info. Can you advice

Hi Rocky,

€ 23.300 for a married couple.

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … A7-EEA.pdf

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks once again

Very helpful

We are economically self sufficient but not pensioners is this still ok. Ie provided we have health care insurance and the means to support ourselves without work can we be self sufficient. Thanks again. Is there an age limit ?

Rocky1965 wrote:

We are economically self sufficient but not pensioners is this still ok. Ie provided we have health care insurance and the means to support ourselves without work can we be self sufficient. Thanks again. Is there an age limit ?

Hi Rocky,

age doesn't matter for economic self-sufficiency. If you have the financial resources to not have to work before retiring that is fine with Malta !

Age can and does matter for health insurance premiums though. The younger, the cheaper! Generally speaking.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks once again you are so helpful

If my husband works and I don't will we both be eligible for the Maltese health scheme. As he will be paying stamp and tax and I would be dependent on him if I am not working. Thanks in advance for all your help

Hi

Im looking for season smmer job in malta i have no problem to work at night preferly at saint julians

thanks

Hi Wally-E Black Elvis,

I suggest you to post your job request in the Temporary work in Malta section please. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: