Moving to Vietnam, Dong Nai soon....

Hi all,

This is Jack here. I am from Malaysia and moving to Vietnam somewhere in May 2014.

Can't wait to see you guys there...

cheers....

Welcome !

Welcome to Vietnam. I live at Binh Duong province which near Dong Nai province. If you need any information, please don't hesitate contact with me.

Cheers....

Hi Jack,

I will probably moving to Dong Nai in May as well but still consider about it. What do you work as in Dong Nai?

Can anyone provide info on what's it like living in Dong Nai? It looks like far away from city.

Thanks.

HI Alicechin,

The living cost in Dong Nai is cheaper than HCM city. From here to HCM city about 45 km. You can find anything you need as restaurants, banks, markets,... and Dong Nai is a idustrial province . It has many industrial park.

If you need any information, please tell me.

Many thanks.

Hi Alice,

I will be working in agriculture line..... how bout me?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info! Sounds not bad. Roughly how much is the average living cost in Dong Nai (in USD)? Is it convenient to travel from Dong Nai to HCM by bus or taxi? Is internet access good in Dong Nai?

Thanks.

Hi Jack,

Agriculture line as well. Could it be possible the same company? Lolz. What's your email contact?

Thanks.

Hi Alice,

You may contact me through [email protected]

Hope to see you there... :)

Hi Alicechin,

I think that you earn 1000 US dollar, you can live not badly. You can take the bus from to HCM city and get back easily.

Thanks.

Hi Alex and Alice,

Me malaysian too working in vietnam, feed industry also. Dong Nai actually is a province beside saigon(HCM City) and dong nai is very big, i believe u guys must be staying in bien hoa (city of dong nai province). If you guys really staying in bien hoa, that is pretty much like a big city as well with population almost 2 mil people. Bien hoa city is very near to HCM city, is just 30 mins drive away. Basically if u are staying in bien hoa, most of the necessary things that you need in big city, you can also get there.

Living expenses in bien hoa is very close to HCM, but as an expat i believe your company already covered your accommodation, daily transport to work and meal probably for lunch; means that you just need to pay your own dinner and that usually doesnt cost you so much but off course if you were to hang around in restaurant, that will cost your much :).

Average expenses on meal, lets say dinner is around 50,000vnd (2.50usd); decent meal, average portion come with water.. pretty much a good meal. Other expenses like groceries is almost the same price in malaysia. There are 2 hypermarket here, 1 is big C and another one is Lotteria and another smaller supermarket co-op mart something like the store in malaysia. Shopping is pretty much convenient i would say but 1 thing is taxi fare aint cheap.

As for my experience living in vietnam more than 2 years, if you are thrifty type; monthly expenses 5 millions vnd (250usd) u can live comfortably.

I hope these information helps and if you guys have any question, or need any helps; i would be happy to help. Here is my email address [email protected]

Cheers!!