Anybody who's relocated to panama city?

anybody who's relocated to panama city? i'm planning to visit in the fall to check out if it could be a good place for me. any tips and insights are more than welcome. i'm a musician in my late 20s.

Need a little more information. Are you here to work? or visit? How long do you plan to stay? Need this information to advise you. thank you

If you are here to visit to see if it is suitable for you, I would advise that you may need to get the advise from a attorney. You can find one and email them with your questions. At your age, there is certain restrictions if you do not have a guaranteed income for life.

Hi giadaoc,

I created a new topic with your post on the Panama forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hola Mirnei me encanta que te fue bien pues aqui ya sabes como estamos.Si gano mil dolares al cambio oficial pues para las pensiones es a Bs  6,30 pero, el problema es el lìo diplòmatico que tiene Venezuela con Panama y no nos llegara la pensiòn cuando estemos haya.Luego si dejamos un apoderado  quien nos apostiya la Fè de vida?estoy estudiando la parte legal para ver como soluciono esto.lo otro es irme hasta haya llevar todo y ver de que forma me ayudan.llamame porfa 04126112562

Buen dìa Mirnei como te dije ahorita es dificil comprar pasajes para Panamà desde aqui y las divisas estan suspendida,es un problema, la Embajada de Costa Rica solo atiende problemas de panameños residentes en Venezuela ya que asi lo dispuso su presidente,nosotros no lo tenemos fàcil hasta que no se arregle esta situaciòn diplomàtica.Por eso estoy estancada.Revisa la visa de residencia para jubilados en Panamà y te asombraras de los beneficios que dan:descuentos y exoneraciones en impuestos y servicios.

Seahawks22 wrote:

Need a little more information. Are you here to work? or visit? How long do you plan to stay? Need this information to advise you. thank you

If you are here to visit to see if it is suitable for you, I would advise that you may need to get the advise from a attorney. You can find one and email them with your questions. At your age, there is certain restrictions if you do not have a guaranteed income for life.

Thank you. I would like to come and see if I like it. Maybe stay for about 3 months at first and stay if I like it. I would obviously like to be able to work eventually. Any attorneys you'd suggest? Also, any websites that explain visas in a clear way? Thank you!

Hi Maria Guaregua,

May be an English translation might be welcome for other members on the Anglophone forum might be able to read and participate on the thread. ;)

Regards,

David.

I'm moving to panama in June but will remain employed by my US based company. I'm traveling there on a tourist visa, which gives you 180 days in the country. I know there's a new visa for permanent residency...check out ptylife.com - it's a really well written blog by a young expat. He recently did a post on frequently asked questions and he did a great job of explaining the visa options

alexisr4884 wrote:

I'm moving to panama in June but will remain employed by my US based company. I'm traveling there on a tourist visa, which gives you 180 days in the country. I know there's a new visa for permanent residency...check out ptylife.com - it's a really well written blog by a young expat. He recently did a post on frequently asked questions and he did a great job of explaining the visa options

hi alexis,

i am planning to go there on a tourist visa too...for some reason i thought it only gave you 3 months. i'll check out the blog for sure, thanks. are you planning to go, stay for 6 months and then go in and out of the country to renew the visa?