Cheap and cheerful - Best meal under 1 KWD

Recently while having my car wash in Ahmadi I noticed one of these small shops selling cooked meals and decided to partake.  It was good actually (dhal fry, paratha, oranje juice) and got me thinking.  Some of the best meaIs I have had were from some of these hole in the wall type outlets. I noticed on the other food threads most places the meals cost at least 3.5 KWD to 10 KWD per person.

What about a list of places (with clear, specific directions) where a meal can be had for less than 1 KWD.  Sort of "Street Food" or "Eat Street"  from National Geographic, Kuwait style.

Excellent idea! Why haven't you done it for the place you have been to? :)

Great idea, but for less than 1 KD your options are VERY limited. If you increase it to at most 2 KD you might have better options.

Hey Ribosom, thanks for pointing out the obvious to me. Mea culpa mea clupa mea maximo culpa
There is a joint next to Al Jeezera Carwash, Ahmadi Industrial Estate (availabe via Google Maps) that sells some decent looking and tasting food.  What I did was pointed at what others were eating and got a mix salad (homous, etc) plate with bread.  They are quite busy at lunch time.   
Then from there past the car show rooms, 2 roundabouts on the right heading to KOC main office there are two banks and a place that look like an ex-cinema.  Cannot recall the shops name but there I got the paratha, dhal and juice. There is an assortment of other items, mainly meat related though.  I only eat sea food so did not try the sharwama or other stuff.