Visa Confusion_ Kindly help

Hi there,
I am a Chennai based graphic designer, married to Pharmacist working in Muscat. We have planned to settle in Muscat. At the time of applying dependent visa for me, ROP has changed its code that only 600 RO above can be eligible for family status. He was little less than 600 RO, his sponsors understood his situation and raised his monthly pay to 600 RO. Again we processed for dependent visa, where it got rejected and information from PRO stated, current package should reflect in bank statement for minimum 3 months.
So we planned to take visit visa for the mean time, and I came to Muscat. Indeed it was a nice place to start our new life. I was looking desperately for a job at the same time and got disappointed. Our 3 months time over, and we got all documents ready to apply for family visa. Our bad luck, visa again got rejected. We didn't receive any clear information from PRO that what was gone wrong. His boss called him and said your visa process will take time, and they don't have any idea that how much time will it take.
Again with little hope, we applied for another visit visa, that is also not processed well, its getting delayed for some reason. its been more than two months I came back to India. Some says 3 months time will take process one visit to another visit. But I haven't read anything about that in internet or news so far. I don't know how much truth in it. Kindly give any suggestion for me to live with my spouse. I am interested to do any employment, to live in Muscat.

I hope, I have explained everything. Please anyone tell me why our visas is not processed.

Thanks in advance,
Kavitha Senthil

Dear Kavitha Senthil,

Really sorry to hear about your situation. The answer to your question is not that straight forward. Only person who can answer is the company PRO. There is not proper deadlines for the visa to be issued. Its all random, someone can get it in a week might other waits for months like your case without any proper explanation.

You can search the blogs here and you will find so many blogs on the same topics.

Hello liverpoollfc,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Hoping for the best to come. Wish u good luck.

Regards,
Kavitha

Hi,

It must be quite harrowing for you not to be able to join your husband here in Muscat. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do except to wait it out. The efforts taken by your husband's company PRO would matter a lot. Also, if your husband's company can push for your family joining visa it could happen sooner, depending on how much influence and clout they have with the authorities.

The rules set by the ministries on issuing of the various visas like employment, family joining, even visit, keep getting changed / amended on a rather annoyingly regular basis.

It might further disappoint you to note that companies have been barred from applying for any new employment visas for expatriate women. This ban came into effect since January of this year, and is said to be in force for a period of 6-months. So for you to find a job after coming here would be really very challenging. But you could look at freelancing as an option, once you manage to get some contacts.

Good luck and all the very best.

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you so much for your information and advice. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Kavitha

Hi,

If you are interested i could suggest a consultant. Are you willing to go through the consultant. If so, please contact me at [email protected] or at +96897835644.

I would be able to give you the phone number.

regards
Yuvraj

Thank you yuvraj for your effort. I ll contact you if I need consultant. best wishes

Regards,
Kavitha

Well the rules do keep changing from time to time, but to my knowledge the need for the salary credit reflecting on 3 months bank statement does not exist.
Having read all that you have mentioned , my opinion is that this appears to be more of the PRO issue rather than the ministry issue. Your husband needs to take up with him as well as his boss strongly to find a way out. A good PRO would certainly be able to find a way out.  Sorry to say this, but to me this just looks like an excuse.

I agree with the earlier gentlemen that woman getting job clearance is getting extremely difficult in Oman. Furthe, women cannot get their spouse a dependent visa irrespective however high their salary is.

Good luck.

Hi, i know exactly how you feel... i came to Oman for 3 months and then got extended for a month... we were working on my dependent visa since day one i came to Oman, but no luck. I tried to look for a job also but same thing, was not able to find one. So i had to move to the US coz of this situation... we already did our best to get me a dependent visa in Oman, but my hubby gave up... because he has been rejected quite a few times, without any further explanations... his salary is even more than what they require, but they just make excuses not to give us a visa... i love Oman, but i think Oman is not for me... like you, i would wanna live and stay with my hubby there in Oman and build our family together, but i guess it is not happening in Oman. Best of luck for us dear... i feel ya. :)

Honestly FRLP, I think its a blessing in disguise in your case. I would prefer US to Oman on any day.... be it quality of life, children's education, whether or anything else that you can think of.
Salalah no doubt is a better place to be in when compared to other areas in Oman.
Good luck

Hi Crusaderzz & FRLP,

Thank you so much for your reply. Salary credit reflecting on 3 months bank statement does exist. I don't know it might be a  new criteria they have added.

@FRLP,  I agree, wherever we be, being with our family would be the best place ever.  I guess there are many souls like me wandering around to live in Oman. Keep applying for companies, one day or other we will get placed.
All the best dear. Thanks

I prey, some kind of visa relaxation would fall from ministry soon.

Kavitha & FRLP,
If you are still keen in moving to Oman, look for opportunities at schools. Teachers are in great demand and it is not really mandatory that you need prior teaching experience. Obviously in the interest of students you should know the subject you gonna teach  :).
Indian schools are a great option. Even with all the restrictions on female visa, there have been ads in local newspapers last week calling for walk in interviews for  teachers.

Hi kavitha,
Myself from chennai, working for an EnggGroup as Sr.Manager - Projects. yes, in oman now for family joining VISA, teh min salary is 600 OMR and we need to have 3 months bank statement.

all other issues what u faced, its all depend up on the company's PRO competance and caliper. Most PRO they just listen what Govt offcial says. according to me , even for new visit visa u need not wait for 3 months. it can happen in 1 day and u can come back on teh v next day.
Still if u need to have more clarity on rules, pl dont hesitate and let me know. I can chk with my admin manager and give u more details

Kavitha & FRLP,
If you are still keen in moving to Oman, look for opportunities at schools. Teachers are in great demand and it is not really mandatory that you need prior teaching experience. Obviously in the interest of students you should know the subject you gonna teach  :).
Indian schools are a great option. Even with all the restrictions on female visa, there have been ads in local newspapers last week calling for walk in interviews for  teachers.

Hi... i am still planning to see Salalah one day. And visit my hubby there. Best of luck for us. :) thanks for the infos Crusaderzz :)