Childcare options in Ipoh

Hi everyone, I'm a British female and I moved to Ipoh to work about a couple of weeks ago. I'm here with my two children age 7 and nearly 9, a girl and a boy...we really need someone to help out with childcare.

I found a great company providing cleaners which is working out well, but as my holidays from work are not at the same time as the international school holidays that my children have off, it's going to be a bit tricky.

I have lived overseas for years and am used to the maid/nanny situation and this time, as my kids are a bit older,I would like to avoid the live in option if possible (also not keen on those high agency costs either!!!).

I need some one to help a few hours after school from around 5pm to 7 or 8pm, the odd weekend evening and school holidays. I am open to lots of suggestions - maybe a language teacher - Malay or French would be best? Or a school teaching assistant? Perhaps the wife/partner of a working guy here who is a bit fed up and wants a bit of pocket money? All options will be considered.

We are a fun, active and relaxed family and will give a warm welcome to anyone who comes our way  :)

On another nore - what do you consider a reasonable rate for childcare?

Hi codycody,

Posting an advert in the Babysitting in Ipoh section, with details about the profile you are looking for, this can help. :)

Regards,

David.

Thanks David, will do...the situation is desperate!!!!! URGENTLY need some help!