Buying old vs new SUV

Hi, I have a choice to buy:

1. Toyota Prado(landcruiser), 2007, GX, 4x4, 6 cylinder, 4L, 56000km,  cost - approx 82000, SAR
This is being sold by an expat, car is srcatchless, very very good condition. FULL service history from Toyota.
vs

New Toyota Fortuner, 4x2, 4 cyliner, 0km (new) - cost 92,000SAR

I am confused for several reasons:

1. Considering resale after 3-5 years i will loose a lot on old Prado vs new Fortuner
2. Although Prado is safer, is 4x4, and is a better drive than Fortuner but more costly to run (4L vs 2.7L engine)
3. With only a difference of approx. SAR.10,000 I can have a new car (Fortuner), is also causing reluctance to go for Prado.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

The only drawback in Fortuner is 4x2. Do you really need the 4x4. Will be you be really off-roading lot many times? That's the only place you'd need it. I personally don't trust cars older than 5 yrs. Go for Fortuner dude.

By the way, Prado 2007 is overpriced at 82K.

Thanks again for your advice. I agree with you. I dont want 4x4 and I dont need big engine 4L. By the way the owner of Prado might go down between 75-80K.

You are wrong about 1.  You will almost always lose more on a new car.  Do a google image search for car depreciation curve.  Any car loses the bulk of its value within the first 3 or so years.  I don't know what the fair market price for the Prado is, but after 3 years you can expect to lose about 20k on it.  As for the Fortuner, it might go down by as much as 30k in 3 years.  Furthermore, there is a bigger demand for the Prado than for the Fortuner in this country.

Rest is up to you.