Joiner wages..

Hi :-)  I was wondering if anyone knows what the typical joinery wage Is in malta?
My husband has an interview, they pay 950 Euros per month, He earns double that in the u.k, so wondering if this is average? How much would tax and NI be on that wage? Would a family of 3 be able to live off that?
Thanks for any advice

Stef x

Hi Stef,

the salary is probably typical for that kind of work in Malta but way below the average salary in Malta. It is so low that he won't be paying much tax on it.

Whether a family of three can live of that? My answer would be ....no.

Ricky

Hi Stef,

I'm a family of 4 and live on a lot less than that.

Is it easy? No!

Is it possible? Yes! However, coming from the Uk, it will mean a change of lifestyle BUT, you also gain a different type of lifestyle, which for children, far surpasses anything available in the Uk.

Caroline

Thank you for your reply Ricky, so I would be looking at that wage for any joiner position on adverage, as long as I know what to expect thanks :-)

Hi Caroline,
Yeah we are prepared for the lifestyle change, but for the better!! We don't care about having money to spend, as I'm sure there's plenty to do not needing ample amounts of money with children! We will be taking savings, but do have some debt we need to pay in the UK so will be using that to make them payments if I can't out of a wage.

I understood wages where lower, but still wanting to know if you can pay your rent and eat , thank you  :)