Cost of Living for 4

My name is Ganesh and would request clarification for the following queries.

I am pursuing an opportunity in Muscat and they have offered OMR 2,000/- month. Additional benefits include CompaNy paid family accomodation, Car, Fuel, Medical insurance etc.

We are a family of 4 with 2 school going children in 10th and 7th standards respectively.

My biggest motivation to pursue the opportunity is the savings opportunity in Oman and would like to know from you the typical cost of living in Muscat now.

Since the cost of living is a relative term would like the costs for the follwoing:

1.Household ( provision, milk, vegetable, fruits etc, only veg) expenses for 4 people.
2.Electricity / Gas / Water etc is being borne by company.
3.Dining out ( once / twice a month) in a veg restaurant
4. School costs in Indian school.
5. Extra curricular activities for Children if available.
6. Car and fuel expenses are provided by company

I will be thankful for the answers for above queries

Hello,

The information which you are seeking have all been explained in great detail in the forum. Scan through the ‘Cost of Living' topic and you will get the answers.

In any case here are some brief responses.

1.Household ( provision, milk, vegetable, fruits etc, only veg) expenses for 4 people. – About R.O. 150/- to R.O. 200/- per month.

3.Dining out ( once / twice a month) in a veg restaurant – About R.O. 30/- to R.O. 50/- per month.

4. School costs in Indian school. – Check the Indian School website.

5. Extra curricular activities for Children if available. – Many options are available. Costs would of course vary depending on the activity.

Please read the numerous posts available in the forum for much more detailed responses.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran,

Many thanks for the reply. I am able to put together the expenses from the below mentioned posts.

How ever i have a  basic doubt that needs clarification, In Indian School, Muscat, web site the total fees for a year for 7th standard is shown as 443,000/- and for 10th standars as 543,000. How should the same be read ?
Is it 443 OMR or 443K OMR.

Kindly help me understand and please pardon me if the query is silly :)

Thanks & Regards

N Ganesh

Hi,

It is R.O. 443/- and R.O. 543/-. Going by today's currency conversion rate will convert to INR. 69,551/- and INR. 85,251/-.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks Sumitran. Much appreciated.