Just moved to US!!

Hello friends in America!!

I just moved here. Adjusting my profile and found that none mentions about my area!?? What should I start first? Please advise if you know. Btw I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for all!
Annie

Why USA?  :o

annie_t wrote:

Hello friends in America!!

I just moved here. Adjusting my profile and found that none mentions about my area!?? What should I start first? Please advise if you know. Btw I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for all!
Annie

Hiya Annie,
I had a query regarding the same region: I am visiting family in Clatskanie, Oregon and asked for ideas of places to visit in and around Portland.......but I just received stupid and racist (British based) comments so I gave up.
Good luck........

Hi Annie and chuckle_butty,

Thank you for for this suggestion, I will transmit the message to the technical team and hopefully it will be available soon.

--------

Hi chuckle_butty,

Please do not hesitate to report(! Report button) any bad behavior or hard language.

Regards,

David.

Sorry you both had problems finding answers about Portland. Feel free to PM me & I may be able to give some help. I am originally from Portland, but moved to Las Vegas in early 2000's and then this past year moved to Saudi Arabia, but I do still have family there. Actually will be spending multiple weeks there this summer.

Portland's not the biggest city in the world, so don't feel bad if you don't get a lot of responses when you want to talk about it.

Thanks everyone for sharing yours ideas.

Hi Annie, like you , l have just moved to USA California, next state from you,, and trying to find out where to start  regarding, finding other expats, what's going on , making new friends etc. If you have been given any good advice can you pass it on please!  I'm from UK, and I'm struggling to find other expats to chat with. It can be a lonely life here when you leave friends and family behind to go and live in another country!!

Moultnomah falls is a cool place just up the columbia river. Its a great place for a day trip or a picnic. Also love the coast and Astoria is a quiet little old town but its pretty cool. Happens to be the place where the Goonies was filmed and everyone loves that movie especially me. If you are looking for a place to live I would definatly check out Clackimas the schools are great there if you have kids and it is a very clean area with little crime. No matter where you are in that area there is a lot of strip clubs. Some are clean and nice and others are just dumps. I worked in that area and almost moved to clackimas myself.. Hope you like Oregon, and the weather .Good Luck .