May I Ask for Help, Please?

Hi to all.  I'm fairly new to this blog.  I'm moving to Chile (Santiago) very soon for a year.
I've what I hope is a very simple request, please?  :)

I need to prioritize what I bring with me.  I wondered if there's anyone who could help me
understand what's more and what's less expensive in Santiago, please, in order to
help me pack, know what to bring, and know what I can purchase there, if I have to ...
I'll need to watch my budget while I'm there.  (I'm coming from Toronto, where everything's
expensive! lol)

I really appreciate the help, and thanks so much!

Colleen

Sorry, I cannot help you.  :)

Welcome to expat-blog Colleen....

For better reply you can post this thread in Chile forum

Regards,
Anil

Colleen, take Anil's advice.  It's for free but in this case it's good.  :D

Thank you, Anil.  (I thought I had posted on the Chile forum .... ?? :))
Hope your day's going well.

Colleen

Thank you, John.  Will keep on working away at this ... :)
Trust your day is going well.

Colleen

... like what?

I think more expensive monthly pay here is rent, if  you go to Santiago you could pay between 600 to 800 per month more basic services. Almost all people that i know that come to Chile, buy furniture here, is almost the same that US, Canada or Europe. You have the chance to pay for a flat with furniture too.

There is just one thing that i always hear, special food, foreigners say that our food is quite basic, donŽt have too much spice or flavors, so you could come with a box of things that you like.

Good luck

Ricardo

Thank you, Ricardo. :)
This was great, thanks.
I appreciate your help and look forward to being in Chile.
And I'm sure the food there is just fine. :)
Hope you've had a fun weekend.

Colleen

Dear Collen,
You may be better of hiring a fully furnished apartment, clothing is not that expensive here but do bring all you winter clothes it will help a lot.
A studio will be around 500 to 800 including services and two bedroom around 600 to 900 depending the area that you are renting.
If there is anything else just ask.
all the best