Attempt to learn Turkish

Hi everyone,

I wanted to start this topic because I speak to so many people via this website who are thinking to move to Turkey or already moved here and don't speak any Turkish and think it isn't necessary and they will find a job easily because they speak English or any other language.

Most Turkish people are well educated and are offered the chance and do go to university. However like any other country there is a mother language and that language is Turkish. As expats we can't come to their country not speaking their language and expect to live and work like we would in our own homelands. Yes some Turkish people can speak fantastic English but you can't live in a foreign country and not speak a word of the language. You can't order a meal, read the news, the most basic things of life.

I went the petrol station today on my way to work and put 100 liras of petrol in my car, what are the chances of me parking next the petrol pump and saying to the petrol pump man in English '100 liras worth of petrol please'. I might be lucky and he knows English but more likely he wont have a clue what I am saying and that's not his fault. I am in his country I should attempt to speak his language.

Please if you are thinking to come and live in Turkey consider learning at least basic Turkish, you are not guaranteed of finding a job because you can speak English or any other languages....Burası Türkiye (this is Turkey)

If anyone needs any help I will be happy to help,

Thank you.....sorry rant over :D:)

i wish to learn turkish before going there but how will i get their intonation cos am not used to their movie