Moving to Marrakech

Hi my name is Zahra, I'm British and live in England. But i will be moving to Marrakech in May this year and hope to settle there permanently.

There is something about Marrakech that's very magical so I have decided to move there and find  a job there with a good enough salary to rent an apartment or even share accommodation if it works out cheaper since I don't have alot of money. 
I would love to make friends with people of Marrakech as I do not know many from there.
Also if anyone could help me find accommodation and most of any help in finding a job would be very appreciated.
Also i only speak English and would love to learn French and Darija.

Many thanks in advance for any support or help that may be given.

Hi Zahra,

It is good idea to move to Morocco (I did), but before you do it - you need a little bit of "cold shower" ;)
It is not that easy to find good job here, especially if you speak english only.  I do not say it is not possible, but it is not easy.  There is a lot of candidates with fluent 5 languages, experience etc - who is unemployed.
Before you go, please prepare yourself to sort out the residence card, research the job market, and budget for 6 months for living. There is no social government money to help if you do not have money for living.

Anyway - good luck :)

Hi Zahra;

I would like to add a few more ice to cold shower what "dubaj" explained so far.
If you'll establish your own business and company no matter. But when it comes to employment, procedures to employ foreigners are a bit harder than natives. Employer forced to give a logic reply to "why to choose a foreigner instead of local? Are there any qualification what locals can not do?" like questions.

Good choice, Morocco is a beautiful and peaceful (regarding to most) country. But directly stepping on here and starting to look for a job is not a feasible idea.

Hope you can find a solution and we will see you around.

[Moderated: please post in business partners section pls]

Hello Zahra Houzzigue,

Please note that i created a new thread with your post on the Marrakech forum in order to bring more light to your subject here. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: