Famliy Visit Visa

Dear Expat Guru,

I want to bring my family on family visit visa. However, on my passport my wife's name is Aadel Farhin Marediya whereas on her passport it is Farhin Aadel Maredia. The name on the marraige certificate is Farheen Marediya. I just want to know if the spelling error i.e "Farhin" in my passport will be an issue in getting the family visit visa. Kindly advise.

I don't think so.

In the visit visa online application, enter her name EXACTLY per her passport. No other names matter.

Thank you very much for your replies. I have 1 more question.  Is it necessary to have atleast 2 months or 1 month in my iqama before the iqama  expiry date to bring my family on visit visa?? Is there any such rule?? My iqama will expire soon, however I have 2 years contract and so it will be renewed by the company.  Kindly advice.

I hate to bring this news but I read it on ArabNews that they are not releasing any tourist visas now. Please check if this is true.

aadel.marediya wrote:

Thank you very much for your replies. Ihave 1 more question.  Is it necessary to have atleast 2 months before the visa expiry date to bring my family on visit visa. Kindly advice.

The visa have to be endorsed on the passport max in 03 months from the visa issue date (Hijri Calendar).
The duration will be counted from the date of landing.

Thank you very much for your replies. However,  I want to know is it compulsory to have atleast 1 month remaining on my iqama before it expires before I apply for family visit visa. Kindly suggest?

Mabella26 wrote:

I hate to bring this news but I read it on ArabNews that they are not releasing any tourist visas now. Please check if this is true.

Tourist visa?

Trapezius wrote:
Mabella26 wrote:

Tourist visa?

A family visit visa is NOT kind of a tourist visa. So don't worry, usual visit visas will remain open.

Tourist visa was introduced back in 2013. More info: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/06 … 00765.html