How do I call my familiy in India?

I just received a job offer in SAK. Does any one how to call my familiy in India at a low price?

For $8 a month, I use skype to call my family in the US. 

I use my computer (VOIP technology) to call their telephones.  Connection is usually very good!

VOIP is very common here..there are lots of them which are much cheaper than skype but i guess the quality is not as good.

My vote is for SKYPE!  I use it daily and b/c Im a telephone-alcoholic, I talk for hours....  :P

$8/month? no minutes limitation? no extra fee?

Can I use this to call from a cell-phone? I won't have my PC with me untill I get settled.

Alliecat wrote:

For $8 a month, I use skype to call my family in the US. 

I use my computer (VOIP technology) to call their telephones.  Connection is usually very good!

no limitations, no extra fees.

As for using your cell phone, check the section titled 'mobile software' at the bottom of this link: http://shop.skype.com/phones/

What VOIP exactly is? Do you know how to get them? Actually, I've no idea about the future life in SAK.:rolleyes:

mirfarali wrote:

VOIP is very common here..there are lots of them which are much cheaper than skype but i guess the quality is not as good.

I call my family in Colombo for unlimited hours on Skype absolutely FREE every single day

VOIP = voice over internet protocol

It means you have to have an internet connection.

I call my family in Colombo for unlimited hours on Skype absolutely FREE every single day

Computer to computer is FREE.

However, if you want to call their PHONE (which I do since my mother, believe it or not, uses a dial-up connection lol), there is a fee.  I find that a monthly fee works best for me.

Is it easy to access the internet in Riyadh? I'm gonna stay at the company's dorm.

Oh, my mother even does't know how to use a compter.
Some one told me that I can use SIP to call my family phone on a cell. I'm confused. Do you have any idea?

Alliecat wrote:

Computer to computer is FREE.

However, if you want to call their PHONE (which I do since my mother, believe it or not, uses a dial-up connection lol), there is a fee.  I find that a monthly fee works best for me.

Internet connection is quite expensive here in KSA!

Well if you for the mobile broadband then yes it is expensive. but if get the dsl, its cheap. 1 mbps for 30 riyals a month, dont think thats any bit expensive.

srimatt64 wrote:

I just received a job offer in SAK. Does any one how to call my familiy in India at a low price?

You might wanna try the services of a company called Briing.
I've been using them for a long time and i`m quite pleased with the results

I use skype on my iphone, i have unlimited 3G so its not an issue for me.

It costs me from my skype account if i want to dial a landline but its not that much.