Spouse of Professional Visit Pass

Hi guys,

I will be on a short term international assignment to KL for 12 months and my wife is coming with me. However, I am struggling to find information about the appropriate visa/pass for her. I probably will get a professional visit pass for myself but I am not sure whether I can apply the long term social visit pass for my wife. If not, she has to leave the country every 14 or 30 days to renew her stay with short term social visit pass.

Anyone here has similar experience? Any luck to get the long term social visit pass?

Really appreciate your help!

I wouldn't really know as I have an MM2H social visa, but I thought Americans could stay for 3 months on arrival. I'm sure you will get your detailed answer here as there are a few experts in this forum with the right knowledge.

Thanks Mike! We are actually Chinese with US green cards. For Chinese, the longest stay is only 30 days if I am not mistaken.

Oic, yes 30 days is a bit short.

You apply for a Spouse Visa that is linked to your Employment Pass.  The application can be made at the same time as your immigration clearance is handled.  It only takes a couple of weeks. Your employer may assist you in this. 

@apache.. You have to apply Dependent pass on your PVP and she can be with you until the length of your PVP.
You may ask your employer to do so when they apply for a PVP,or else,you can apply as well.Normally it takes 3 working days.
If you have a good agent in KL,then you could apply for dependant pass for her, once you guys are here. (she travels on a social pass of 30 days)

If you need to use an agent, because of the extra work load for your company, I can recommend a reliable and honest contact who does my immigration matters.