I would like to know about Lusaka, Zambia

Hi. My name is Vinod and i am from Delhi NCR. I would like to know about Lusaka, Zambia. Is it good place to live. How is the life should i move it what is cheap and what is costly. What should bring from India. How is the weather. How is the Social Life. Please help. Waiting for your help. Thanks a ton in Advance

Good morning. You have nothing to fear coming to live in Lusaka,Zambia. Zambia is a most peaceful and calm country of the world,its a landlocked country with 72 ethnic languages. The official language is English and 5 native langugaes.
we use the kwacha and ,  a kwacha to USD is 5.95.
You need not to bring any food stuff for Zambia has a large indian population and you will find it very easy to adjust to our society.
Wecome to Zambia,the real Africa

Good morning;
Welcome to Zambia and hope you will enjoy it and maybe, you could start here for ever.

Thanks a lot for your help

The pleasure all mine.

Hi Vinod,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Lusaka forum for a better visibility, here the members will see your questions more clearly and be able to answer them.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi vinod. I am south african also moving to zambia lusaka next month. Weather is really nice her with cool winters and some real hot summer days. I have been travelling here for some time before. There is big expat groups here from all over the world.. This prepare yourself as accomodation can be very expensive....

Dear sir,

This is Pandu from Hyderabad, India.

I got job in solwezi in zambia. How is the country and solwezi area.

My job profile is as a service engineer in medical field.

How is the weather, security and living cost.

I will hope that to get reply from you.

Thanks @regards
Pandu

Hi my name is Carlos, I am Mexican and I was living in Zambia for the last 5 years. Zambia is a very pace full country with a very friendly people. I recommend you strongly to respect very much the local culture and you will have a lot of good friends. Two of my concerns were the status of the roads to be traveling along the country late in the nights and the medical services outside of the Capital city (Lusaka). During the day you can be traveling without any problem. Zambia has two main economic and industrial areas, Lusaka a nice city with a lot of new buildings, 2 big shopping malls and several Hospitals, and the Copperbelt where the copper mines are.
Best regards

Hello
I am an Indian and looking for business opportunity in Zambia.I have heard that the people are friendly and Lusaka is safe and lively.I do not have a specific business in mind but have my options open.
I will be all alone on my own.want to know about accomodation rentals,hygiene,company setup costs etc

Hi, my name is Carlos Cabrera, I am a Mexican Engineer and I was working in Zambia until the last year managing a manufacturing facility from United States of America, in charge of the operations, logistics, P&L, and as a member of the board of directors. I have a good relationship with people in the government and with local authorities in Zambia. Zambia has a lot of opportunities to invest and because is a pace full country you do not have serious issues related to security of your investment. If you want I can help you with a complete report, of local authorities, locations, for your investment.  Manufacturing, transportation, technology, professional services, construction, etc., etc., etc., are few of the opportunities available.
Please send me an e-mail to [email protected] if you need additional assistance.
Kind regards
Carlos Cabrera

Welcome to Zambia the real Africa

Message moderated by Devo
Reason:  Advertising on the forum