Moving to another company with lower salary

Hi guys,

My friend got some unique cases. Last year he got job in singapore with getting an EPASS (salary 3.25K) in here. and since he couldn't stand with some pressure on that company, he plan to move to another place. But then, the other company that he want giving him lower salary offer than the previous one and also giving him an SPASS application too. Is there any chance that the PASS will be approved?

The S-Pass will be approved if your friend fulfills the requirements, the employer is allowed to hire foreigners and has his quota not yet filled. Having an EP, I guess your friend also fulfills S-Pass requirements. You said nothing about the employer, so we can't know.
Please note that the current employer will know (through the EP online system) about the other work pass application and it is common practice to lay off such disloyal employees at the next opportunity, so he runs the risk of having the S-Pass rejected and losing his first job, too.

beppi wrote:

The S-Pass will be approved if your friend fulfills the requirements, the employer is allowed to hire foreigners and has his quota not yet filled. Having an EP, I guess your friend also fulfills S-Pass requirements. You said nothing about the employer, so we can't know.
Please note that the current employer will know (through the EP online system) about the other work pass application and it is common practice to lay off such disloyal employees at the next opportunity, so he runs the risk of having the S-Pass rejected and losing his first job, too.

fulfills the requirements = checked (since having EP, I believe he also can pass the Spass requirements)
the employer is allowed to hire foreigners and has his quota not yet filled = checked as my friend ask to their HR, he said that they have one slot SPass that just cancelled.

So what he just worry is about the salary that have been reduced will affect to MOM judgement.

Btw, thanks for your advice.
Cheers.