How do i get a divorce from him if he will not agree to it ?

i am canadian woman and i married muslim egyptian man in May 2012 .....we did not see each other or have any relations since May 2012....almost 2 years now .....how do i get a divorce from him if he will not agree to it ?????IS there a way to proceed with divorce on terms that we do not have any contact and did not visit or anything in 2 years ???? PLEASE HELP ME

Hi Newfiechicky,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Egypt Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi Newfiechicky
according to Egyptian law , when an Egyptian marry a foreigner . the egyptian law will be applied . so , since he is a  muslim you can apply for divorce at the family court , you dont need to prove any abuse , as there is some kinda divorce called (Kholaa) by which a woman can get divorce without needing to prove any abuse from her spouse side neither does she need him to agree , it s easy , just a matter of time but 100% a woman can get divorce this way ,,,
any further question , please feel free to ask ....
regards

its very easy for you to go to your embassy and they can hire lawyer for you to get divorce from him , the judge will give you your freedom because he knows that you are not muslim and according to the law in your country and even is our law there is no relation since 2012 so he will give you the right