Running and runners In Jeddah

Hi,

Wondering if anyone fancy running - long distance, short distance, competitively or just casual run during your idle times. I usually run anywhere in Jeddah but these days our spot usually at Al Thalia Walkway park (just off Thalia St and Al Rawdah), we do an evening run on Monday after Magrib prayer and Thursday evening with the same time sched. We do long distance running during Friday somewhere in Jeddah and we usually roam the city to find a good runnable places. If you are interested or just plainly wanna run, why don't you join us. We need some runners to join our group - expats and locals alike. Check out our instagram at @WeRunJeddah. We wanted to grow the small community and provide each other's training and personal running and health technics and suggestions. We are open to anyone integrated. Hope to see you running with us.

-r

bro!

this is a good idea  :top:
in what time of the day do you usually run? in the morning or in the evening?
i would like to join if possible.

regards

Doesn't sound like a bad idea...as long as you young guys don't mind having a more "experienced" runner (that should read older, slower but steady runner) running behind you and fighting to keep up.  Distance is no problem but I've come to realize that covering the distance doesn't happen quite as quickly these days.  Do you have regular courses you run... like 5k this day, 10K on Friday mornings...?  Different routes for different distances?

Rigger

Hi Rigger64 & Raffy,

You're most welcome to join the crew. We do have some older runners, these days, we've been doin some 15k and 20k LSDs for like 70mins or more., the guys been knocking out in the park by hitting the half marathon mark training for Mobily Jeddah Marathon in April. We have regular runs around Jeddah, you might wanna check out Instagram or Twitter since we usually post there, from time to time. Search us at @WeRunJeddah or email us at [email protected]. Hope to see you guys soon in the road.

-r

Wow!  70min for a 20k is a really quick LSD - for me, that is... :o

That's why we don't normally post stats, because people that are interested to join in got a lil intimidated, we don't wanna send that sort of feeling. You should join and run with us sometimes, we welcome everyone in the group.

rgp wrote:

That's why we don't normally post stats, because people that are interested to join in got a lil intimidated, we don't wanna send that sort of feeling. You should join and run with us sometimes, we welcome everyone in the group.

No worries!  I'm taking it as a challenge and raising my mileage.  Don't know that I'll ever run a 35min 10K but the LSDs may get me through my first marathon and my first Half since 1982.

I do appreciate the encouragement!!  Thanks!

Rigger

we have an open run on Saturday morning 6:00AM at Al Thalia Walkway. Join us if you can..

rgp,

Are there any good running stores in Jeddah?   I've got a couple of hundred miles on my current pair, and will probably replace them before I fly, but will need to find a good store for the future.   I've got a lot of years of running and jumping from airplanes on my knees and ankles so need very supportive shoes - not just off the shelf models.

Thanks,

Rigger

Hi,
Is the group still running?
Best.

Hi Naa KSA

Welcome on board  :)

Indeed this thread is an old one, i suggest you drop an advert in the Sport partners in Jeddah section of the website so that interested members may contact you.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Thread Closed - Obsolete]

Closed