Property in albania

i was traveling in albania a while back and i loved it. it is so untouched, people are very friendly and you have access to the sea and the mountains.

i do not consider to buy property in albania but somehow i like this idea.

does anybody if it is difficult to buy a piece of land in albania? is it expansive compared to western countries?

Hi, fbosticky. I am going to buy a flat in Saranda or Tirana. But i haven't ever been there )) There are many questions about that in my head. Can i find local estate developers and make a deal with them? Would it possible to rent a car and explore the estate objects i want to see closer before buying? Is it real to talk and cooperate with local developers, resellers, government with my average english only? And more and more questions... Had found an albanian.com forums but they cant even complete the registration process of my account there )). There is too few infos and resourses about albania on the whole network...

Thanks for the tips, fbosticky ! But how can i check the prices for myself? Go to the developer instead of realty agency? If realty agency wants their price for the object then anyway only their agency can sell it to me, not a developer itself or somebody else. Or do you mean prices at all, in a region or in a market sector? Of course i will compare various prices between agencies. And yes, they like to pick the prices up ! ;( .