The possibility for Marry a Belgian without Marriage or Fiance Visa

Hi Cha,

Happy for both of you to decided to get married  :)  for answer your question, you need to know first where you will get married? If you choose Belgium, there are 2 ways. 1. You take care the marriage visa from your country or 2. You bring all the documents and submit that to City Hall of your boyfriend.

For more information about Visa from your country, you need to check the website of Belgium embassy in your country.

I hope this little information can help you, dont hesitate to ask again if need more detail information.

Good luck

Hi Karlina!

Thank you so much for the reply, I think we already have all the required documents to apply for marriage its just that we are not sure with the medical certificate for long stay, i dont know if i will get it here in the Philippines or there in Belgium. :unsure

Hi Cha,

If you decide to take marriage visa from your country, better ask the embassy if you need medical certificate or not. From what I know, in my country, Indonesia, the embassy ask that and you need to submit it with other documents. But if you take your documents and submit in city hall, they dont ask that (at least in the city hall near me).

For share little my experience married with Belgian, in my opinion more easy to take care directly in Belgium. I came with tourist visa that only valid 90 days, but I can stay and need to stay in Belgium when I submited my documents until all the process finish. Will be different if you ask the marriage visa from your country, you need to stay in your country until all the process finish which can take max 6 months.

For make sure again, better ask the city hall of your boyfriend for ask the wedding, if look more easy, then why not you apply tourist at first and directly submit the documents when you arrive, just like Enny and I did. Hope this can help :)

Hi, guys  :)
I need a little help. I am EU citizen, but my feance is not. He is non-EU and he is illegal. We live almost 2 years together, and 4 in a relationship, but now we want to get married. We waited so much, because we wanted to find a good home and work that would help us, and also we thought there is a required period of living together.
Anyway, now we think we are ready, but I really worry about the interview in which we have to prove that our relationship is real. Of course, I know him well and his family and also he knows me. But we were told that 1 wrong answer can fail us. Can you please give me some sample of those questions or tell me where I could find them.
Also, which do you think is better in our situation - marriage or so called samenwonen? What is the difference? We need to get him a permicion with right to work.

Please help.  :unsure
Thank you

Hi i need some information about what documents will i need if we are getting married here in Philippines. I'm an Pinay his a Belgian. I will appreciate the information you can give me thanks in advance.

hi Geee27! I think the info is available on Belgian Embassy website in Manila .

Hi ms.enny,

I have a Belgian boyfriend also..is it ok that my bf can get my visa there in Belgium? Or just only here in my country to get my visa? Thank you for the answer 😄

ohh my 6 months without leaving??? Do you mind if I ask the commune you applied to?

You get the visa from your country.

You will be the one to apply i your country.

Hello. I hope someone will answer me. My boyfriend visit here in The Philippines  three times he is from belgium and he's 24 yrs old and i am 18 years old. I am planning to visit in Belgium and planning to get A tourist visa  but i am afraid they they will deny my visa bcos of my age.  he will sponsor me. Do u think they will deny my visa?  And what are the requirements of a tourist visa and have a sponsor . Thank you

Hai.. What are the documents to marry Belgian in Belgium.. I am a Indian citizen.. Please share your consideration

Hi there, Presencia!

I got married in Belgium with my Belgian husband but I am not sure if all the requirements are the same in my country and your country.

You can check these links for more information. http://www.dofi.fgov.be/http://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/India/

Good luck to your visa application. I hope this helps.

Hello there, Aya!

Anyone can visit Belgium as long as the applicant and sponsor meet all the requirements of the Belgium Embassy. It is a case-to-case basis. There are factors that can affect the decision.

As long as you complete all the requirements and convince the consul that you will not overstay and will go back to the Philippines after your visa expires, you have a chance to get a visa approval no matter what your age is.

For the requirements and more information, you can check this link: http://www.vfsglobal.com/belgium/philippines/

I hope this helps. Good luck to your visa plans!

Mam,  I am planning to get a Fiance Visa or Tourist Visa   , pero wala pang stamp yung passport ko. Kakakuha ko lang last december   Makaka affect po ba yan sa pagkuha ko ng visa?
And what do u think na pwede ko kunin na visa mam?

Hello again, Aya!

It depends on you and your partner which visa you prefer to apply. You said that you are only 18 years old. Getting married is a serious matter so I advise you to think carefully if you are already prepared enough to take that journey with your partner.

If you will apply for Tourist Visa, you must return to the Philippines after your visa expires. And if you go for Fiancee Visa, just like what I applied for before, you have to get married here in Belgium and can stay for good with your future husband.

What do you exactly mean that your passport has no stamp yet? As long as it is not expired and still valid to travel, you can use it for your visa application.

Regards,
Kathleen

Thank you mam.  I am worried mam bcos i will get a Tourist visa (final)   and then My passport is no stamp yet, wala pa po akong napupuntahan na lugar sa labas ng bansa and then first time kung kumuha ng visa.  Nong pumunta po ba kayo ng belgium wala din po bang stamp yung passport niyo?  First tim niyo po din po bang lumabas ng bansa?

Aya,

Yes. It was my first time ever to go outside of the Philippines. Wala rin stamp ang passport ko dati. I applied for Fiancee Visa to get married here in Belgium.

When it comes to Tourist Visa, you have the chance for approval naman as long as you have a good reason na kailangan mo bumalik ng Pinas. And of course, as long as you meet the other requirements.

You are not the only one who will apply for a visa na first time pa lang mag-travel abroad. Just stay positive and gather the necessary requirements na nasa website ng Belgium Embassy. Good luck!

Hi Aya,

NursyKathy is right. If you are going to travel here in Belgium with a Short Stay Visa/Tourist Visa (Visa C). There's a high chance that you will get an approval as long as you can convince(meet the requirements) the Embassy that you will return before your Visa Expires, regardless if you have your passport stamped from other travel outside PH or not. In my case, during my first visit here last October 2017, I booked a 2-way ticket as proof. Also, you have then again to convince them that you can support your stay here financially. In this case, a bank statement is necessary. If you are to be sponsored by your boyfriend, he will be the one to provide the Financial Statements for your stay here.

You can visit this site for your reference. Most of your questions are already answered there.

Site - http://philippines.diplomatie.belgium.b … sa-belgium

Hope it helps. Good luck!!

Hai.. Yes I received ur reply. But I want to clarify about my visa. Which one easy to get marriage in Belgium? If I try to tourist visa and to  go belgium after I applied in City Hall to marriage?  Or my boy friend to apply for marriage in City Hall? Or I will apply spouse visa Belgium embassy in India ? Please reply me. I hope you send me answer best..

Hello there, Presencia!

I would advise you to apply for a Fiancee Visa and get married here in Belgium, not to apply for Tourist Visa. It is always better to follow the rules. If you will apply for a Tourist Visa and you decide not to go back to your country as what you must do, you should be ready yourself for the consequences later for violating the visa rules.

So, it is either you apply for Fiancee Visa or get married there in your country first and apply for Spousal Visa. The decision is yours. You and your partner should talk about the right visa you should apply and analyze the pros and cons based on your situation. Just follow the procedure and gather all the requirements stated in the Belgium Embassy website. It is only my opinion. I am not a visa expert but I hope this helps. Good luck!

Kind regards,
Kathleen

Thank you so much ur reply quickly. Ur advice.. It was useful ...

Hi ate kath im sure nasa Belgium kana ngayon. Divorced po ako dito Singapore. I acknowledge kaya nila jan?

Hello there, Bechay!

I already replied in your message so kindly check your inbox. With regards to your question, as long you have your CENOMAR, authenticated and legalized in the Philippines, you can apply for Fiancee Visa. Your CENOMAR is your proof of singleness. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Kathleen

Hi I'm maricar, I'm currently working in Taiwan and I am from the Philippines.
I really need some help from you guess. Or to anyone who can answer my inquiries.
Me and my boyfriend is planning on me moving to him. My boyfriend is an American but working in Belgium. What's are the needed papers for it? We can't seem to figure out what to do.
Thank you if someone can give me any response.
Have a good day and stay safe everyone.

Hi. I am from the Philippines and I have a Belgian boyfriend for a year and 6 months now. He's supposed to come last July 2020 but was cancelled due to Covid and now we're just waiting for the boundaries to open again so he can come over and finally meet. We are already talking about getting married soon even if we haven't met each other yet and we have struggles whether which will be easier: get married here first or in Belgium. I wanna ask for your advise regarding this and more insights. Thank you so much 😊

Hi Maricar! I know some Pinays who were able to apply for a visa even though their partners are not Belgian nationals. I can add you in our group on Facebook if that is fine with you. You can post your questions there about getting a visa. Just let me know!

Hi Chelle! I already replied in your other post. Kindly check it out in my visa journey post. Thanks!

Thank you so much 😊

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on the forum

Hi i can give heads up as i had this experience in real.

Me and my wife had relationship i was from non-eu countries.

As we were not aware of the process so I have visited Belgium with C visa (Tourist).

Then we have simply request for a marriage in local city hall.

The city hall will guide you for all the required documents which i have request from my embassy.

Make sure you have your original birth certificate copy from you country before you fly (Apostille). Which you have to translate in Dutch or French depends on your province. (better do that in belgium)

Once they receive all the required documents.

Then the local police will visit the house which you have mentioned in your application to verify the address.

Then the special police department contact you and make an appointment for personal interview saprateted one by one with me and my partner
For me was in English and for my partner was in Dutch. (in order to check if the relationship is scam they do not request any physical proof (you can still collect and keep it) but they try to match both partners story).

Once the police done with the interview and verified that relationship status is genuine.

Then you can visit again the city hall and make appointment for wedding day.

Once you marriage is registered you can apply for residency permit which in my case we did it in the next day of our marriage.

Then you will receive the orange card (Model B) and then you have to wait for approximately 6-8 months for your approval ( During this waiting you are allowed to work). I have did my language courses.

Once your application is approved then you will receive F-card and you Done for 5 years.

Just for FYI: during the first 3 years the police visit anytime in order to verify that you still live together and marriage is genuine.

Any specific personal questions feel free to PM me.

Or for generic questions post below.

Cheers