Newbie!

Hi!

I recently accepted a job in Manama and things are moving quicker than I thought. I received the flight info from my employer this morning and I leave on Sunday! I will tentatively only be working in Bahrain until the end of June. I am very nervous and excited! I'm curious about cell phones and providers. It was suggested to me to bring my current phone and just to find a company I could use over there. I've read some information on women's clothing, but any extra information on that would be greatly appreciated as well as any other advice/tidbits! Thanks again :)

VIVA, Batelco, Zain are the mobile networks here in Bahrain. If you use data on your phone a lot, go with Viva. Based on a personal experience, it's very good.

I have to check with my current carrier as to how much data I use. Currently I have an unlimited plan and have not been too concerned with going over. I do believe that I will be using data a lot to keep in touch with friends and family as well as the typical search and app games. I appreciate the input! Thank you!

Viva is the best .....

Dont use your current provider for data as you will get data roaming charges which are very, very expensive.

I use Batelco and for BD5 a month I get free calls to Batelco numbers and Unlimited 3gb internet - never have bad signal problems either.

I don't plan on using my current carrier, I wanted to check to see how much I regularly use to get an idea of how much I would possibly need while I am there :)

I appreciate all the information! Thank you!

Definitely bring your current phone and get a new sim here to start, I have viva too and haven't had any issues.

I tend to agree with the comments above. Viva generally has good reviews. Batelco works reasonably well too. But have not heard too much good about Zain. So that could be your order of preference.

Best wishes and welcome to Bahrain.

great! thank you very much!

hey

just to add a little info...you will be getting a sim of viva by the LMRA executive on the airport itself as i got one almost a week back and i am enjoying the services of viva

Oh yes, I heard about this new service the LMRA provides.
Everyone entering Bahrain on an employment visa for the first time is indeed given a Viva sim card. If my information is correct, it is a prepaid service.

If you decide to move away from Viva then ask for a service check in the area's you are in the most to see who provides the same signal.

They are all very similar though so I'm sure whoever you choose will be fine.

It's only about BD2 for a new sim card anyway so you can always choose 2 providers and get a cheap dual sim phone

Have fun

thanks again!! all seems to be working out well!