42 year old looking for French/German tandem and new friends in Lyon

Hello everybody,
Still fairly new to Lyon and not yet quite settled in I am looking for French natives to practice the French language orally. In exchange I would be happy to help with the German language, which is my mother tongue.
I moved to Lyon about 5 months ago with my partner who was transferred to Lyon professionally. Due to lack of fluency in the French language I am finding it hard to find a job for myself. So I have a lot of spare time at my hands which I would like to use more efficiently. I would love to meet other foreigners/expats in the same situation in order to exchange experience, explore the city and make new friends.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi!

We are a Belgian family, actually living in Paris and about to move to Lyon in the summer. I have so many questions and find it very difficult also to find some people with whom I can change taughts or experiences. I hope you don't mind that I'm mailing you to gather info…and maybe once I live in Lyon… we can meet up. My french is rather good, actually, I'm working in Paris.

We have 3 kids (13, 11 and 9 years old) so our first concern is finding a good school. Today they are in the  French international school of Saint-Germain-en-Laye in the Dutch Section. Could you give me some advice on that topic?

I already read a lot about the international school in Lyon but as our kids their mothertongue is Dutch, there is no “section” where they belong. Somebody told me that also local French kids can subscribe in that school without a section programme.

If you know belgian / or Dutch speaking people in Lyon… it would be so usefull for me if you could bring me in contact with them.

Furthermore, I would like to have some input about the question weather to live in the city or more in the surrounding neighbourhoods…. could you give me some advice on that? I would be so grateful!

Have a nice day,
Sofia (40 years)
Sofia [email protected]