VALIDITY OF VISA

Hi,

I got my Brazil Visa from their Consulate at Shanghai.
Date of Issue - 20 Jan 2014
Type of Visa - Vitur
Duration of Each Stay - 90 Days.

However, the Visa does not mention the Validity anywhere. I wish to Travel to Brazil on April 4th 2014. Will my visa still be Valid? Please comment.

Thanks

Yes, your visa will be valid provided that you make your first entry to Brazil within 90 days of the visa being issued. The "validity" shown on the visa is NOT really the expiry of the document, but rather just a redundant and unnecessary restating of the "Prazo de Estada/Duration of Stay" shown above. I don't know why they do that, but nothing about Brazil's bureaucracy makes any sense.

Your visa will expire after 5 or 10 years, depending on the lenght of validity of your country's visas issued to Brazilian citizens. Most likely 5 years.

This subject has been dealt with many times if you had taken the time to look at some of the other topic postings.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Yes

No need to worry.

Your Visa validity starts as soon as you arrive in Brazil for the first time and will remain valid till 90 days.

I am also reaching Curitiba, Brazil on 17th March for 3 months.

Hi,
I was issued a work visa by Bazil Embassy in New Delhi on 13 March 2014. It said that its valid for 1 year from the date of issue. So I assumed the expiry to be on 13 March 2015.
I entered Brazil on 7th April 2014.
But the federal police stamped on my passport that i can stay here till 7th April 2015.

So i am now confused as to which is the correct date.
Please advise.

Sohil.

You visa will be valid for the period stamped by the Federal Police, one year from your date of entry to Brazil. No problems.

You may also extend the visa beyond that date if the company you are working for still requires your services. They will help you apply for the extension (Prorrogação de Estada).

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you.