Benghazi for Kids - Part 2; plus adults!

Herewith the new news from Benghazi activities

There are tennis lessons (thanks Little Spoon!) for kids aged 6 - 10 at Gar younis Tourist Village 15 LYD divided by the number of kids in the class.  PM me for more details

There is a kindergarten!  Yes, it's true!  PM me for more details

The British School is very full, I understand, but they also have things like a school summer fair, etc, which would be a good way to meet with the other expat mothers if you have children.

Swimming - ladies only at the Tibesti hotel on Mondays and Wednesdays; 10 LYD each (sharp intake of breath!) for a swim; where your civvie swimmers!  Apparently you can also lunch there etc.  Will post again when I have ACTUALLY done this activity

Nisar supermarket, on the other side of the ring road from the Benghazi Medical Centre has a reasonable selection of goods, including parmesan cheese, Alpen cereal bars, dettol spray, etc.  No sign of pesto yet, so any ideas gratefully received.

Apparently the big red supermarket near the big mosque on the airport road has LOADS of kids play areas on the top floor.  Yet to see this, so will post again when I have.

All for now

Wildcats wrote:

Nisar supermarket, on the other side of the ring road from the Benghazi Medical Centre has a reasonable selection of goods, including parmesan cheese, Alpen cereal bars, dettol spray, etc.  No sign of pesto yet, so any ideas gratefully received.

Pesto can be found at the supermarket at the top of the road leading into Gar Younis complex. There are two supermarkets; pesto can be found in the one on the left as you look down towards the sea! :)