World Cup 2010 in Malta

Who is interested in getting together to enjoy World Cup matches?

A World Cup 2010 village has been set up at the Gzira Football Ground ( Manoel Island) offering free public viewing on a big screen.
worldcupvillagemalta.com gives all the details.

On the 12 th June England plays against the USA at 8.30 pm.

Waiting for suggestions.

I defnitely am interested - but I already have plans to watch the England v USA game elsewhere...potentially open for others though.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about going out to see UK vs US  as I face getting beaten up if England wins !-)))

Which other games do you fancy ?

Maybe games over the weekend 19th/20 th ? I know you have to work during the week so make suggestions.I'm open for any game . You never know which will be really good !

Regards

Ricky

Hi Tim,

Went to the World Cup Village in Gzira yesterday afternoon for the game. I was one of the few lost there .Maybe it is better going to one of the evening games there.

Or we should make our own World Cup event if we go there !

I have HD ! So if you fancy coming over for a game , it is worth it with HD !

Regards

Ricky

Hi Ricky (and anyone else interested),

I'd be interested in either France v Mexico on Thursday evening or England v Algeria on Friday evening...probably have the kids in tow so the WC Village would be good (keep them occupied if they lose interest in the game!)

So far I've only been to an afternoon game (Greece v South Korea) at the WC Village and it was very sparse...but I imagine a night game would have more atmosphere.

HD - I watched the last WC in HD back in the USA, now it's finally got here and I don't have it anymore...progress!

Tim

Hi Tim,

I went to the WCV in Gzira yesterday to watch part of the Brazil vs Korea match and it was quite full-a lot more fans than in the afternoon !Was quite a nice athmosphere ....and prices for food and drink are really ok !

So how about tomorrow evening for France against Mexiko.

On Friday I have neighbours over in our new place so tomorrow would be much better to get together with you and anybody else interested. What do you think?

Yes, HD has come to Malta ...............and I have it ! I must say the quality is really sensational compared to the 'normal' picture.

Come over here for one of the future interesting games from Saturday onwards. We can have a little World Cup party !

Regards

Ricky

OK - let's plan on Thursday evening for France v Mexico. Where shall we meet?

Tim

World cup is pretty awesome, i watch every match

How about at the main entrance to Gzira WCV at 8 pm tomorrow evening!

There shouldn't be that many people coming and going.I have your mobile number and I think you have mine too !

See you tomorrow.

:top:

The game France vs Mexico was a lot of fun and there was even a free Chiara concert after the game.

I'll post the next game for public viewing. Get back to me with your contact details.

Regards

Ricky

I'll be at the World Cup village on Wednesday with some work colleagues...for both the afternoon and evening games...the more the merrier!

Tim

I agree.

I was going to the Germany game in the evening but will come along for the England game too !

The more the merrier !And everybody else is also invited to join.

See you there.

Ricky

Congratulations to England!!  Watched it 9.a.m. here therefore not Beer!