Moving from Costa Rica

Hello to all,
My husband and I have been living in Costa Rica for the last 3 years and are ready to make our move to the Antigua area. (Our current location should give you the idea why):) I have been searching for what seems like forever to find answers to my questions. Thank goodness to all the bloggers out there they have answered most of them. One I can't seem to find is about our little dog and our car. Both from Costa Rica, trying to find if it is best to sell the car here or bring it. Also what requirements do they have for our dog coming from CR. I can find info if I was coming from the states but that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day.

Glory

Glory, importing a car involves paying 26% tax on the fair market value of the vehicle (as determined by the customs).  The fair market value is likely to be higher than the value you would assign to it, unless you can get a Guatemalan notary to sign some sort of appraisal.  (Usually costs Q100, but not guaranteed to be persuasive).  Some people have found it worthwhile, others prefer to buy here, it just depends on your car, your needs and budget.  I chose to import my car from the US because I wanted a specific make and model from the US. 

The dog is more difficult, they are notorious here for putting you through all sorts of stuff.  You might want to write Nancy at Semillas de Amor; she has imported all sorts of animals and might have some insight.

Thank you so much. Yes we decided to sell the car here in Costa Rica. It is the same here and not worth it to us to go through all of that.

Now the dog issue is a tough one I will write your friend that you suggested. Have a great day and thank you again for your assistance.

Glory

Your dog won't be a problem. They will want a stamped Ag paper from Costa Rica if you fly in with the regular Vet and shot certificates.  I have brought dogs in and out many times with no problem.  Funny is that I lived in Guatem 12 years and am thinking of moving to CR?  I did not see your post as to why you are moving but please do tell. 
I was on here to find out about bringing my dog into Costa Rica.

a bicycle with fat tires works well in Antigua.

Please contact me about CR as it is a big decision.  I might go back to Guate...but since I'm in the US now I am thinking of someplace new and with less violence. I'm emailing you my private email so please check your pm