Looking For All the Help I Can Get Here!! :)

Hi! I'm Cathy and I'm a virgin here - lol Not sure how to explain the 6 kids though:)

I'm an author and single mom of 6 fantabulous kids. I'm looking to re-locate to Belize by Sept this year. Just ourselves and what we can carry in our backpacks - that's all we need!

Why? Simply because life is full of so much opportunity. My job is to ensure my children have all the opportunities possible to make the best decisions for them.

I look for the positive in everything and to lift people up in life instead of squash them down. I've travelled extensively and this is just the next chapter in my life. A fabulous opportunity whether we stay a month or 6 years.
Of course I'm coming to visit first. Likely in May or June. While scope things out better then.

I grew up on a farm so "getting dirty" is natural for me. Backpacking throughout Europe for 3-4 months taught me so much.

I come from a large family and I guess my love for life and "real" people shows as I seem to be a magnet! lol So "fitting in" is something I've never been worried about. My x is Chinese and him mom and dad are VERY old school. A Caucasian girl did not sit very well with them, in thought anyway. Not right or wrong. Just their beliefs that it was best for their son to marry a Chinese girl. Well to shorten the story. They allowed me to be the exception to the rules and I was hugged and kissed at family gatherings within a time or two of meeting them! :)

Likely looking to get kids into public school. Not a must though and I'm qualified to home school. My kids are all very athletic, do well in school and have many friends. The kind of kids pretty much everyone knows and loves. Makes me the luckiest woman on the planet!

My 2 oldest are in high school and likely wont be coming out initially. So just my younger four..12, 10, 8 and 4. They are very close and independent. Just how it is in large families!

K- I'll be back with oodles of questions to pick your brains. One of which is where in Belize is best for me and my family. I'm thinking Corozal?

Open to any thoughts, suggestions, ponderings or otherwise!!

Oh yes. Of course budget is important. Looking to rent 3-4 bedroom and keep the rental and utilities under $1500US would be great - don't need fancy - a place to sleep and eat...
I hear internet is pricey? A cost of living in paradise I guess. Need for my writing.

All good! Thanks for any of your thoughts in advance and hope to talk soon!!:)

Just saw this Unfortunately Carozal is one area I really do not know, but there are loads of people on here that live there.
I have just signed the paper work  for land a mile out of Belmopan (no house just land) we decided that location was perfect for us the middle of the country a couple of hours drive to most places, and all the advantages of the capital city without having to live there.
A lot of people are down on the education system here and I do not have personal experience. But my friends 7 children went through the schools here and all got good university degrees from UK, and US colleges. One of her kids is a diplomat and 3 are teachers (one is a high school principle)
My personal choice was to live was the Cayo district or down towards Placencia .Mainly because I like the more rugged landscapes and there is a lot going on in those areas.
Your budget would get a decent place in the Cayo district.
Do come scout out several areas in the summer then you can make a better informed decision  or even decide it may not be right for your family in the long run.
Just keep in mind that 3/4 of the annual rain fall is between august and december and that annual figure is well over 1000 inches per annum. Remember to put rubber wellington boots in those back packs, or grow webbed feet. : :joking:
I hope you get more helpful replies from some of the folks that know your preferred area.