Self Employment for TCN with Long Term Residency

Hi all, hope someone can help! Been searching trough the forum, but found no info I need.

So, I'm TCN with Maltese long term residence status. Need to get self employed as I got an offer for part time market manager, and apart from that I'm a crafter, trying to sell my stuff  :o . Do not plan to register a company or trade!
Which form should I fill for ETC? If it is a regular work permit one (something I've been told to do) what do I write under Employer section  :/ And what are further steps regarding VAT, SSC... I do have P.E number and NI number as was working regularly for 7 years in Malta.
If someone can give me some info, would greatly appreciate! Thanks
Nev

Have you checked Malta Enterprise's website Business First (http://www.businessfirst.com.mt/en)? You should find all the information there. If not, I would suggest you call at their offices (ex-St. Luke's Hospital in G'Mangia). They are very helpful.
I've been there 3 times and I have been served very well every time.
Charlo

Hi Nev,

I quote from the ETC Guidelines :

Employment licences are also needed in respect of persons who enjoy long-term residence status (in terms of Legal Notice 278 of 2006). These licences are not subject to labour market considerations.

Long-term residents, Asylum Seekers, and persons enjoying Subsidiary Protection/Temporary Humanitarian Protection Status and Refugee Status require an employment licence to work as self-employed in Malta. However, they are exempt from meeting the above criteria ( see ETC Guidelines)

So , considering these regulations, you should apply for a regular work permit.

You apply for a VAT number and pay your SSC 3 times a year  using your NI number. Contacting Malta Enterprise is very good advice too ! -))

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Charlo and Ricky,
Thank you very much for the info! I've sent an email to BusinessFirst, hope to hear from them soon.
Will post any info I get for further reference.
Thanks again.
Nev