[EXPAT BLOG] Monthly gathering in Casa

Hi all
just wondering if could be possible to gather once a month in some rest in casablanca just to get to know people here. let me know.

Cheers!
Mo

Great restaurant called Savoy, opposite the Kenzi Basma Hotel on Hassan 1er would be a great place... I know the owner, food is great, beers are cheap and they have 3 floors.. a few Brits go there now usually on a Thursday and Friday night

Sounds good! will check it out next Friday

Cheers!
Mo

Very good idea! we organize such monthly meet ups in Mauritius and they have a great success!

Ideally however it would be good to organize these multi-community (French/English/Spanish forums together) because there's much more interaction and you may gather a nice large group as such.

I can translate for you in French, no problem (helping already other forums as such) but unfortunately don't know a word of Spanish!

Let me know by private message if interested in my help!

I will stick this conversation on top of the forum so that it's more noticeable.

Cheers
Arlette

That's excellent! thank you for your input Arlette. Got a Kiwi friend coming morocco soon. she'll love the idea.

Cheers!
Mo

I will translate into French and put it up as soon you give more info!

nice of u! just hope we'll have enough interested people to start it up :)

Cheers!
Mo

Hello,
Did you yet decide upon a date, a theme and a location?
Haven't heard of you yet about it?
You have to concretise otherwise nothing is going to happen ever!
Cheers
Arlette

hey there!

Well no one replies! i can start even with 2 people...
lets hope we will have some move soon..

Cheers
Mo

Hey Mo,
I really think you have to propose something concrete as I said above with a non-too short timing so that people can get organized!
Arlette

u got it right. will find out something after i come back from a trip to Europe.

I am thinking of a very nice chinese rest in Mers Sultan. Opened by a couple of chinese last year. Everybody is welcome to taste some authentic china flavor in Morocco :)

Cheers!
Mo

Oh! cool.
Let us know which rest u suggest. i am planning to change rest every month though!

Tks there

Cheers
Mo

where (exact address) is the Chinese restaurant in Mers Sultan... I am near Rue 2 Mars in that area... would love some good Cantonese !

let me know if theres one in august

We'd definitely be up for a monthly gathering! Any restaurant suggestions, anyone?

Hi there!
I just notice this post!
My husband and me - we're in!

But Thursday would be better...or Friday as early as possible...Most of the places here are too full at the weekends to really enjoy - conversation :D
I don't like shouting... :)

my email: toblogitse (at) gmail.com

I hope to hear from you!

hey there happy to get the message! finally someone out there interested.
so we would be...3!

will see to set it up asap. got a Kiwi friend in Marrakech will ask her to join.

Cheers!
Mo

my email sakurabalee (at)hotmail.com

Morning!
It takes time to get people involved.
I'll contact you by email later today...
Have a good day! :)
ps. greetings to moderator, FeeAcer; Arlette, thanks for help! Not too common today's world to offer help just like that. You rock! :cool:

Hello BLOGitse, sakuramo,B.Nicolas, joysical and you behind your computer,

we are three, french people, doing an 'apéro' at La Bodéga, this week, on Thursday 22 August. A good way to meet new people :) You will find the event on FB, and of course you are warmthly welcome to join us : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= … mp;ref=mf.

See You soon, and ask if any questions ;)

John.

PS : I just hop I haven't made too many mistakes in my text above ... English is far from being my native langage ;)

PPS : by the way , where do you come from guys and girls ?

Hi JohnCasa! :)
We're not on FB!
What time you're going to meet?
My hubby and I will come!

It's great you speak French - no problem to make an order! :)

Hey johncasa am not on FB neither sorry dude!
but 22 August are u sure of that? anyway i will be in China that time so we should make it before 7th August latest :)

Cheers!
Mo

Oups 22 July, so tomorrow, sorry for the mistake.
We're going to meet at 9:00 PM

If any of you want my phone number just to be sure we meet, send me a PM :)

See you !

I tried to send you PM but the link didn't work..... :(

Yes it did ;)
Answer is in your PM

Hi guys!

Great Idea... I would like to join too.

How can I get more details of this event? help plZ

Hinda

Hello Hinda,

Thanks for willing to join. I appreciate. U guys can start it while am abroad (China). Expected come back October or November 2010 :)

Till then have fun!

Cheers
Mo

Will do!

Enjoy

Great.. Hope we can do the same thing here in Tangier, a meeting for English speaking people. Anyways, i have created this group on facebook named: "English- speaking people in Morocco".
You guys can join me there!

Did you guys have a meeting? was it successful? I'd love to hear about more in the future...

Would love to hear about it as well! And could someone send me a PM about the next meeting?

Indeed, it would be less confusing for fellow members that if ever meetings are taking place, it would be done in a separate discussion with a clear title: [Expat.com] Meeting (date) at (place) or (theme).
Expat.com team can than stick up the message on top of the forum for a better visibility :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi guys!

well well guess so far nothing has been done! As soon as am back from China i will post a location.

Cheers!
Mo

Greetings fellow Casawis:) My fiancé and I would love to meet English speaking folks for apéro.. Hope to see some of you in the real life soon.

C.

I'd be very excited to get together for a meeting!  Has it hapened yet? Let's make it happen!
kp

Hi Kristen and all who read this forum. I am happy this idea is finding its way through...that will be among the first things i'll handle once back in town!

Meanwhile you guys go ahead and have fun :)

Cheers!
Mo (from Shanghai)

We have a flat in casablanca center. A very calm couple with a ten years old daughter. We will be happy to receive you among us including bed, board and one's laundry done. Please let us know information about you and your budget for your stay.
Yours sincerly.

Hi kenosol!

You are off topic!
Please post your advert in the accommodation section of Casablanca classifieds and avoid posting the same message on different threads.

Thanks and regards
Armand

So is this monthly gathering still on?
That would be great.

Hey

I would like to revive this topic - lets start these monthly meetings :) Sounds like a great idea

Diya

Great idea Diya!

Harmonie.:)