About cost of living, food and other expenses

Hi everyone,

I am Akash from Chennai, India. I got a job offer for 400 KD p.m as salary and 100 KD as house rent allowance.
I want to know about the cost of living and food. I am a vegan. Hw can i find a decent room for myself ? Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Hello Akash,

If you search through the existing threads you will find a ton of information about the topic you are interested in. It all boils down to your lifestyle, but you should be able to get by with that salary. You can also check the very active indian community in Kuwait at indiansinkuwait.com. If you have any specific questions we will be happy to help!

Thank you for your response :):)

Dear Akash,
Just post ad on (Expatblog.com or Indiansinkuwait.com) that u need Family/Bachelor Room.
Better first u reach to Kuwait then u search ur room I think u can adjust somewhere for few days.
About cost of living it's all up to u. Normally like IDLY, DOSA, UTHAPAM eating means that will be cheaper (Min. 40KD permonth) for 2 3 persons. If u r eating Sarvanabhavan Food and All means Eating out it's big price small quantities.
For Staying in 1room Sharing(min. Rent 100KD PM) or staying alone min. 35 to 40KD PM for Bed space
For Food in Vegan Restaurnt for 3 times it's 25KD PM in Udhayam Restaurant.
I hope understand Best Regards.

Thank you very much :):)

Hi,
I have an offer from Alshaya of 1250KWD+medical insurance per month.Currently im getting offers in india of around Rs 80,000-90,000 per month.I spend around Rs 40,000 per month on food,clothing,daily stuff,gym etc excluding basic rent,electricity,gas(i live with my parents).Around how much can I save there?
Also is it safe for a woman to stay alone in kuwait? Is there any inequality at work or socially?
Also how are employment laws of foreign employees?

What is your qualification and years of experience and technology? If you are getting 80000-90000 in India, you should get offer at least for 1500-1800 KD. You should get free medical for you and your whole family (wife and up to two children) medical is very expensive here. You should get air ticket (allowance) for you and your family for every year or two years. House rent is very high here.
House rent                        KD 330-340 (PM)
Food and other expenses KD 250  (PM)
Car                                    KD 80-100  (EMI)
gym                                   KD 20 (PM)
School fees                       KD 250-300 (Per year in Indian school) if you have child.
You can save approx. KD 570.
Annual increment is very minimum, it is very difficult to change job here. So ask your employer to offer more. Kuwait is very secure and safe country, no need to worry about employee law.