Driving Licence

I have a Kuwait Driving Licence, once I cancel my visa from here automatically my licence will also be cancelled. I have heard that the licence can be obtained by showing my old licence but the question is that is it possible to obtain a Saudi licence by showing my licence from Kuwait which is cancelled :/

Yes, possible if you still have it and it doesn't say "cancelled" lol
anyway don't really care about that, you can get one in a couple of days and will cost you around SAR 100...

i agree....no "nizam" here :lol:

MadMaz wrote:

Yes, possible if you still have it and it doesn't say "cancelled" lol
anyway don't really care about that, you can get one in a couple of days and will cost you around SAR 100...

Swapping your licence to a saudi one is a bit more expensive:

You need:

Green folder: from the guy at the gate and he will fill out the form in arabic for you (if you need it) = around 50sar

Government fee for licence payable at atm machine = 400sar

blood test = 30 sar

current licence translation to arabic (if you need it)= 50sar

you also need 2 photos = 20 sar

so all in it could cost 600sar

Or conversely, check with your employer.  Mine have always handled my drivers' licenses, at no cost to me.

Any license in your possession that isn't expired is good enough to begin the process.

thanks guys hope someone comes up with an answer for my kids schooling as well......:/

so all in it could cost 600sar

I'm not sure about swaping costs but when I applied for a new one 4 years ago it was only a 100 something! can't believe it costs that much now... :/

I agree with Nelson 17 - I spent around 600 sar to get mine yesterday. the good thing about it was it only took me 1 hour to do. you do go to this small offices back an forth to get all your paper work before you actually sit in a car with an examiner who takes you around a culdasec (do not put on your seat belt and make sure you change gear to 2nd) and he will give you a A+ grade. You only need one picture for KSA file. the picture on your KSA driver license is the same picture when you arrived here in the airport.

should that read, "DO put on your seat belt?

I'm thinking not...seemed to be a facetious remark.  :lol:

I got the feeling A+'s were granted for pointing the car forward.