Would like to immigrate to Canada and start a new afresh.

Hi. I have lived in Dubai, U.A.E. for almost 38 years. I relocated to Mumbai, India almost 2 years ago. I am a single mum of 2 kids (Daughter 14yrs & Son 10yrs) who study in the IB/IGCSC Curriculum. I would like to immigrate to Canada and start a new afresh. I have experience in varied industries, but I chiefly handled sales procurement and training of Customer service executives. I moonlight as a freelance writer as well. I am presently trying to certify as a professional trainer with TESOL Institute. Being a single mother, I have my apprehensions and fears of how and where I can immigrate to in Canada. I have done a lot of research as well; but quite honestly, i am still unable to make a decision.

Hi MerlyMathews,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I created a new topic on the Canada forum for better views and interaction

Please feel free to download the Canada expat guide, where you might find some more information about the steps and procedures according to your project.

May be you can tell us what attract you to live in Canada? ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hii Merly !! I would say you shall go there as a immigrant that shall be easier for you, maybe you can find a job there and go there on the basis of work permit. This kind of options will facilitate easy life and work at new place. Please do contact the local company offices during office hours for those who match your career experience and try finding suitable working opportunities.

Best bet for you is to research the area of Brampton Ontario Canada as it is close to Toronto, has the largest population of people from your country so it would make your move here easier. as for the job market as a start point you could try
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search.do?source=jb

Good luck