Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

How much should I be paid in Pesos?

So, I have a chance of a job in Buenos Aires. It would be an entry level job at a strategic consulting firm, an industry where salaries are generally quite high.

Because of the economic situation, and salary is in Pesos so savings are not really an option, and because I would mainly take it for a few years to then upgrade to another place in Europe or the US, I would probably only take the job for a few years.

That is why I have the following question: What would be a salary that I can live on quite comfortably in Buenos Aires, including rent, utilities, internet (in Pesos, I hav eno idea how that will work yet, I guess my employer has to be the guarantor somehow) and insurance, be in Pesos? What should I expect and ask for?

SadandLonely :

So, I have a chance of a job in Buenos Aires. It would be an entry level job at a strategic consulting firm, an industry where salaries are generally quite high.

Because of the economic situation, and salary is in Pesos so savings are not really an option, and because I would mainly take it for a few years to then upgrade to another place in Europe or the US, I would probably only take the job for a few years.

That is why I have the following question: What would be a salary that I can live on quite comfortably in Buenos Aires, including rent, utilities, internet (in Pesos, I hav eno idea how that will work yet, I guess my employer has to be the guarantor somehow) and insurance, be in Pesos? What should I expect and ask for?

Hi All

Please help answer this question as I am facing a similar situation.

Thanks again!

5-6k is ground level. It's easily livable too, for some.

I'd say the standard salary for a foreigner would be about 8,000-9,000 pesos/month.
Depending on your standard of living, you can survive off of about 5,000-6,000 pesos per month.

You will nedd more or less 10000 pesos to live confortable. But Argentina and particullary BsAs is very dangerous at this moment, so I recomend you to chose other place
Good luck!

minimum 10,000 pesos in hand, and this is for home rent and costs plus the daily living.
You can manage with 6 or 7, if you want to live in a studio and keep costs simple.
You are saying they are willing to pay good, thus I suggested only the minimum.

What specific jobs would be available paying that rate in Rosario?

gwashington62 :

What specific jobs would be available paying that rate in Rosario?

You have posted on an old inactive thread and will probably not get a reply.... :( 

Feel free to open a new thread.

Expatriate health insurance in Buenos Aires

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Buenos Aires

Moving to Buenos Aires

Find tips from professionals about moving to Buenos Aires

Travel insurance in Buenos Aires

Enjoy stress-free travel to Buenos Aires

Flights to Buenos Aires

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Buenos Aires