Jordan anyone???

Hi,

I am a blogger from the UK who is working and living in Amman, Jordan. If you have any questions about Jordan, I would be more than happy to answer them.
OR
If you're just curious and would like to know what its like living here then please don't hesitate to ask.
thanks
wasapnin
www.wasapninjordan.wordpress.com

Hi,

I hope I can help :-)

Well in Jordan, unmarried couples are allowed to live together but it will depend on your landlord. Normally they do ask you if you are married. It is entirely up to you how you respond to that but they rarely ask you to prove that you are married.
In short it is not preferable for landlords to have unmarried couples but they rarely do ask if you come together and in some cases just be upfront with the landlord and he/she will most probably be ok with it.

Not sure if this helps. I know it's not a yes or no answer but there is room for flexibility.

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions. I'd be more than happy to help.

wasapnin?

I would just like some advice about the immigration rules here - if not actually married to a Jordanian and not in formal employment, how does a foreign national get permission to stay beyond the 3 or 6 month tourist visa?

You would either need a work permit, hence a business or your work would have to sponsor you. Other wise, visit one of the neighboring countries such as Syria for a day and when you get back, you'll get an automatic visa for another 3 months. You can extend an extra 3 months from your local police station.
i hope this helps.

yes , it could be , but i think if  stay more than ur visa time , when u come out u pay fine ( i think 15 JD for each month )

Yeah there is a charge for over staying, but i would rather not have to deal with it personally. The police do not have the same law for everyone. It depends who you speak to also.

Hi,

Me and my family may be moving to Jordan from the UK, in the near future and was wondering if you could give me any advice.

My main concern is schooling, we have two young boys (2  and 3yrs ), they are obviously not in full time education yet but it is one of our main thoughts before making a move like this.

Any tips for a young a family thinking about making the move to Jordan?

Danielle and Lee

Well Jordan is a very peaceful place, where you will have lots to do for a family. There are decent schools in Amman. I know the International Community School (ICS) follows the British curriculum and they have recently started the nursery. The school address is www.ics-amman.edu.jo. I can contact them for you if you wish as i used to work there.
Please ask away regarding any other questions that you may have.

Hi! Can I ask what if unmarried couple in Jordan post their kissing video. Is that legal?

Anyone can answer please?

Hahaha who's checking? I don't think anyone cares, but that's just my experience.

Family or community?

No it is not accepted as a community, but again who cares.
if you are Muslim, i don't think you need an answer for that question!!!

no it is not acceptable

What will happen if someone scattered the videos? Community and Family will see it? 
I do appreciated your response.