HELLO, IM NEW AND CURRENTLY LIVE IN SHANGHAI.

HELLO, come and say hello if you are live in shanghai or going to move to here, I have only moved to shanghai from England.

Welcome on Expat.com bluefishEmmaEmma !

hey there,

I just moved to Shanghai last week. Hope you are doing well. Hope to catch up

hey guys i moved in yeterday still learning about the city any pointer ?how long are you here for ?

bluefishEmmaEmma wrote:

HELLO, come and say hello if you are live in shanghai or going to move to here, I have only moved to shanghai from England.

Interesting, i find meeting people who have traveled or lived elsewhere have many different ways in looking at the world. So why did you move to England or are you from there? What brings you to china? My name is john and i have been in Asia for three years and im originally from miami, Florida(USA). Nice to meet you! JW

kano wrote:

hey guys i moved in yeterday still learning about the city any pointer ?how long are you here for ?

Hi Kano!

I moved in Shanghai last week and still am looking for good tips, best areas and where to meet people! If you get to have anything, please share ;)

bluefishEmmaEmma wrote:

Hi!

Whereabouts in England are you from? I have just moved in Shanghai last week and would love to meet some brits and americans (to speak english as often as possible)!

Take care!

SCK wrote:
kano wrote:

Hi Kano!

I moved in Shanghai last week and still am looking for good tips, best areas and where to meet people! If you get to have anything, please share ;)

Hi sck !
meeting people here is more diffiult than i thort language barrier being a big part of the reaason. i just end up going on walks and see where i end up, so far ive been to nanjing road, xantendi lu (westoners baring place i went with some malaysian people amazing night) and peoples park (all those places are in pu xi). its amazing at night speaially the Bund (river). how long are you in shanghai for?

kano wrote:
SCK wrote:
kano wrote:

Hi Kano!

Hi sck !
meeting people here is more diffiult than i thort language barrier being a big part of the reaason. i just end up going on walks and see where i end up, so far ive been to nanjing road, xantendi lu (westoners baring place i went with some malaysian people amazing night) and peoples park (all those places are in pu xi). its amazing at night speaially the Bund (river). how long are you in shanghai for?

Yes exactly the language barrier! So much that I am going to take clases now!
I've been to nanjing road my first day, and I work in Xintiandi: amazing place indeed. I live in poeple's square ^^
The Bund by night: I'll have to try soon though!
I am staying three months from now and you?

same as 3 months from tuesday 15th june, i start uni in september. ijust got back from another random walk ended up having a street bbq i'd reccomend it was prity cool. btw when i say the bund you have to standing on the pu xi side you'll love it. got any plans for the weekend?

HI HI... Im new here too... really have a big problem with the language barrier haha... I arrive here around one month ago and this past month I only can talk with one person, hahaha very trouble to do something here... I really can't belive a lot of people can't speak english, I think they can just a little but they dont want... maybe, but really very trouble, I know my english is poor and not soo good, because my real language  is the spanish. The last week I  was go to cut my hair to some barber shop, a big one, I think someone there can speak english but NOT... hahha... soo I hope find some people here for talk and have fun... :)

Kano and Carlos,

Check your emails ;)

Carlos.Chavira wrote:

HI HI... Im new here too... really have a big problem with the language barrier haha... I arrive here around one month ago and this past month I only can talk with one person, hahaha very trouble to do something here... I really can't belive a lot of people can't speak english, I think they can just a little but they dont want... maybe, but really very trouble, I know my english is poor and not soo good, because my real language  is the spanish. The last week I  was go to cut my hair to some barber shop, a big one, I think someone there can speak english but NOT... hahha... soo I hope find some people here for talk and have fun... :)

Maybe you can find a friend, co-worker to write how you want your hair cut in chinese on a piece of paper. I did that for many situations such as: ordering food, haircut, paying phone bills or asking directions. JW

JWilliamson wrote:
Carlos.Chavira wrote:

Maybe you can find a friend, co-worker to write how you want your hair cut in chinese on a piece of paper. I did that for many situations such as: ordering food, haircut, paying phone bills or asking directions. JW

Yes, I explain how I want my hair to the person in the barber shop with some photos in my cellphone, and a lot of, OK, OK, OK, Good, OK and YES hahahha very trouble but a little bit funny hahhaa

Hahaha that i did also. I went on the internet and found some hair do's. i put it in my mp3 player and showed it to the hair stylis but it didnt look close but was not too bad.

Hi... I'm new here as well...

hope to get to know more people here so as to boarden the contact and to achieve the so-called "work-life balance".....

SCK wrote:
kano wrote:

Hi Kano!

I've been here about five years and I found that what really got me over the initial hump of not knowing anyone in this big old city was getting out and doing something fun.  The guys down at Shanghai Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are cool and nice, and training is always a good way to get to know someone.

Of course if BJJ isn't your style, you can always try coming down for yoga.  The place where I teach, Red Door Yoga, is pretty cool, nice style, friendly people, and good teachers.

As for tips, one of the best ones is that if a taxi driver starts giving you problems, just start writing down his Taxi Driver Service License Number (or whatever it's called).  I wish I'd told a friend that when he came to visit and took a taxi from the airport.  The fare was around 100 RMB, the driver said 1000.

Carlos.Chavira wrote:

hi there i think u need a english-speaking friend plus an interpreter...im chinese living in shanghai and if u dont mind, let's be friends.i can teach u chinese and help u in some ways

Hello peeps! I'm also new here in shanghai just arrived a couple of weeks. I'm still not used to the culture and people here...Hope to find some friends to hang out with.

Cheers!
Jay-R

Hi, My name is Amna and I will be moving to Shanghai in November from Pakistan. I would like to make friends in the expat community. Been there for a short visit, so far a pretty nice place and easy to get around. Any pointers/ tips are most welcome. If there are Indian & Pakistani expats out there, nothing like that to be able to communicate in the same language and eat the same food! :-)
Would love to hear from all of you.
Thanks ..

Hi, I am from India, I will be locating to Shanghai in 2 weeks time, i am the middle of my visa process. I totally understand the language barrier but the world is there to explore & learn new things. So hey lets make good friends, learn the language and eat good food. my email ID is [email protected].
regards,
Faisal

JWilliamson wrote:
bluefishEmmaEmma wrote:

Interesting, i find meeting people who have traveled or lived elsewhere have many different ways in looking at the world. So why did you move to England or are you from there? What brings you to china? My name is john and i have been in Asia for three years and im originally from miami, Florida(USA). Nice to meet you! JW

hey, man, Im so sorry that reply you so lately.
I lived in England for a long time and get back to china work here this year. are u in HK?

Carlos.Chavira wrote:

HAHA, YEAH,. your hair style is very typically easten!! at least from this picture back to the time.
sorry I forget I did post here, I was just really busy with work so forgot about the expat for a few days. yeah still like to hang out very much as I still need lots of friends in shanghai. :) I think your hair style might changed for now?

SCK wrote:
bluefishEmmaEmma wrote:

Hi!

Whereabouts in England are you from? I have just moved in Shanghai last week and would love to meet some brits and americans (to speak english as often as possible)!

Take care!

hello, I lived up sheffield, the middle lands for quiet a while, and now im working in shanghai. I was too busy to keep an eye on expat here. sorry. are u still in shanghai? lets hang out. :)

faisalwahid80 wrote:

Hi, I am from India, I will be locating to Shanghai in 2 weeks time, i am the middle of my visa process. I totally understand the language barrier but the world is there to explore & learn new things. So hey lets make good friends, learn the language and eat good food. my email ID is [email protected].
regards,
Faisal

nice to meet u:)

hi emma,i am vini from INDIA,right now i am in shanghai and getting nervous without friends,,,my condition is just like u.i need a friend to get out side to get some good drinks and having fun with them,,,my personal email ID: [email protected]
My QQ number is : 1296441823
hope to get your contact soon........take care byeeeeeeeee

Hi everybody , i am new to this place and new to your group , i am open minded bachlor and looking for open minded good friends , if you do call me on 13917303664 . i am in pudong and looking for some hangout on today evening , if you are intersted pl call me ............rahul love to make new friend & hangout

SgSh wrote:

hey there,

i welcome to shanghai , i am also new in shanghai and looking for some good friend , if interested we can meet for coffey or so , you can call me on 13022143033

I just moved to Shanghai last week. Hope you are doing well. Hope to catch up

HEY ppl,

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING WELL .

i AM ALSO NEW IN SHANGHAI IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE SOME INFORMATION. WE ALL CAN GET TOGETHER SOME WHERE AND CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL

REGARDS
MAV

Hi maverickmitra, could you please lower Caps lock when you write in the forum?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.