Trip to Dakar

Hi everyone,
I'm leaving for Dakar this sunday , and I'm gonna be staying there for 11 days ... I'm hoping I could make the most out of it and see and experience as much as I can ... please let me know what do you think I should do in Dakar ? any cool festivals ? places to go that are not very touristic but interesting ? interesting local pubs ? etc...thanks a lot !!! :)

Hi Ouafae, how have you liked your time in Morocco so far? I'm from Colorado USA and I live in Casablanca and work at a music school. I'm always curious to hear about others experiences and Dakar sounds really interesting. Please share how your experience goes there!

Santé,

Kyle

Hi kyle ,
well I'm not really the biggest fan of casablanca ...I lived in Rabat for three years , and for me it definitely is better ... As for Dakar, it's really hard to talk about this without being loquacious and I apologize in advance ! :D ... What first hit me was how authentically beautiful everyone is, especially their women. Combined with the beautiful colourfoul dresses, it just makes them pieces of living art. I was very moved by my trip to L'ile de Gorée, it's a little island, near Dakar, that was known for slave trade. That, however, is a reminder of how there is not much faith in humanity. It's a very touristic island but you can still find some small peaceful corners there. I found the Senegalese very nice and polite, but I have to say that my experience while travelling with male colleagues was totally different from my experience while travelling alone there, they do respect the male presence and are very polite but when you're a woman alone, it's very hard to get by. Overall, they're very nice and warm and good representatives of what they call the 'Terenga' spirit, plus they were generous enough to call me Sophie Marceau when I was walking in the street, so I had that going for me which was nice ...but again, they are very generous !!! :D

Oh and the Thiéboudienne, f**** amazing ...had an absolute foodgasm with that !! :D ...You should definitely try it. I was told there is a senegalese restaurent in Casablanca, so they must have it !!

Wow this all sounds very interesting thanks for sharing! Yes, I talk to a lot of people here in Casablanca and many say the same, that they don't like Casa. Well, the music school is holding me here for now and I am having a great time. I hear Rabat is smaller and less crazy which does sound attractive.

Glad you had a positive experience in Dakar!

Sante,

Kyle :top:

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

hi;

Casablanca is the one of the largest and most important cities in Africa...Casablanca is Morocco's chief ;)

personally I am proud of my city :)

U are Welcome :)