Company Check ?????

Hello Fellas.......

This is Abhishek from Mumbai, India.

I have recently been offered a mid management level position in African Industries.

Seeking help in some aspects:

1. How is the overall reputation of the Firm "African Industries" ? (Any info is welcome)

2. How much salary should i bargain for?

3. Is professional experience in Nigeria valued outside ? Would it be difficult for me if i decide to go back and find a suitable job? Which other countries can i easily move from Nigeria??

4. Is life manageable in Lagos? Any grave thing i should be worried about?

TIA

Warm Regards,

Hi Abishek,

If you are coming to Lagos, there is nothing to worry about.

The overall reputation  of a firm really depends on the firm. But Most African Companies that can employ Expats surely have a good reputation. However, it would be nice to know the company you are coming to work for, so that I can know if they have a good reputation or not.

Salaries depend on experience and job description. It also depends on the type of job you are coming here to do. Is the company going to provide accommodation, transportation and feeding allowance for you. You have to make sure they do before you travel down here.

Well, I think that depends on the company you work for. If you come here to work for a company that is recognized Internationally, If you decide to go back, your experience in Nigeria will be valued. From Nigeria, you can move to Ghana, South Africa, London, or anywhere you want to go.

You don't have anything to be worried about in Lagos, if you mind your business.

I guess I have been able to help. If you have any other question, Please let me know.

Dear Keemite,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been offered to work in company called African Industries.

They have asked me all other facilities which you have mentioned.

Only the final salary part is pending so before that I wanted to have a hang of generally offered salaries there.

I have heard nasty things about general security and safety. Are they true or just overly negative branded?

Also would life be little constrained if one follows security measures overly.

TIA

Okay Great. African Industries is in Apapa and it is a big company with branches in some countries in West Africa. Since the company will provide accommodation for you, then you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure transportation, accommodation and feeding is included in your salary package. If you are okay with the salary, then you can take the job.

Salaries are paid every month. Your feeding every month will be between $1200 to $1500. Then if you think the salary is good for you based on your experience and what you can do, that is okay.

Every country has some nasty things which has been said about them. If you want to visit New York, you will be told to be careful. Same thing with Lagos, Lagos is a beautiful and lovely place to be and like I said, it is one of the safest cities in NIgeria.

You are safe to visit Nigeria to work. There are lots of expats working and living in Lagos and they are enjoying it. When you get here, you can mingle with Indians living in Lagos. I know a lot of them and they are doing fine with their families.

Agree with Keemite.... True. Expenses depend on person to person and $ 500 for single person in lagos  is enough if some one is not so keen for outings.

This is a better oppurtunity for u. Dont loose it

Hi,
I have been offered to work in company called ADDAX Petroleum Nigeria.
Does anyone have any information about them? ((Any info is welcome)
The life  in Lagos? Any grave thing i should be worried about?
Thank you