Hello :) The whole story

Hi everyone  :)
I'm a 26 (soon to be 27  :sosad: ) year old aussie who is really keen to work and possibly, in the future, move to Canada. Big problem I'm having is that from 16 to 25 I was tied up in the family farming business and now I'm looking at heading back to university to get a degree.....but if I do that I'll run out of time to head to Canada on a 2 year working visa (damn Australia's 30 year age limit!) so I'm in a bit of a bind. I have no idea how else I could get a work visa in Canada, I don't really want to put off my education any longer lest I never get round to it (and I have no idea if the degree I choose will be on the skilled jobs list in 3 years......and without access to the 2 year visa no chance of applying under the experience class either), I know there were some farm related shortages but I have no idea about farming in Canada.......
I guess I could get a student visa but I have no idea how hard it is to get into a Canadian college, I'm an average student no 4 GPA here  :whistle:
Anyway it'll nice to be a part of a community who don't think I'm crazy for wanting to move to Canada  :par:
Vanessa from Aus

Hello Vanessa,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that you may find some information in our Canada Expat Guide. :)

all the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Vanessa and welcome to expatBlog,

First start by applying since today for the permanent resident visa. As the processing times for Permanent Residence — Economic classes is 25 month (for the Visa office in Sydney, Australia) you would get it around April 2016.

A short way is by applying through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Most cases are finalized within 16 months in this program ( the office Sidney-Australia allow in average you to receive your visa in around 12 months).
please find here the web site for more details about this program: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … ly-who.asp

If you feel it's a very long process, try then to contact Canadian employer in Farming field (especially Saskatchewan, Alberta) to get a job. And when you will be able to get a appositive answer from an employer, start your application for Work permit visa. . Processing times for temporary work permit applications processed by visa offices of Sidney is around 3 months. 
[email protected]

Hope my answer is helping you a little bit,

Good luck.

Abdel