CULTURAL AGENDA 2010

This topic has been opened to allow you to announce any culturel event, such as concerts, shows, exhibitions etc taking place in Mauritius.

However I'd ask to only post the events here; if you want to comment on an event you attended, it would be nice to start a new discussion giving it the title of the event you are commenting.

Thanks

In search of sunrise au Godfather Club, Voila ou vous devrez tous etre au lever du soleil le samedi 7 Aout a partir de 23hr. Le but precis est de recolter des fonds pour une association de filles-meres. Mais l'entree est gratuite. Venez nombreux c'est pour une bonne cause

Hi Vikash89, could you please post in English on this forum and in French on the French version of the forum ?

Thanks

Crossbreed Supersoul (excellent mauritian rock band) will be @ Riverland Tamarin Saturday 14th at 7H30 pm. Tickets sold at 250 rs or 200 rs in advance at Riverland and Big Willy's. Don't miss this hot hot hot event !

Has anyone been to Grand Port?The bicentenary of the Grand Port Battle between the French and The British.

They have recreated the village as it was then, and some aspects of the battle and have an art expo (not great) and some original dodos by Mauritian artists.

As for the Grand Port event, it's at Pointe Canon,in Mahebourg (south east of the Island).It marks the bicentenary of the Grand Port Naval war between the French and the British-the French won btw. They recreated the lifestyle of 1810, with the African slaves,Indian indentured labourers, chinese immigrants etc.

There's also an expo on Dodos and some paintings by Mauritians and international artists.

You can have laser shows, music concerts by artists here and surrounding Islands.

There's a Artistic fair and Craft corner, where you buy stuff.

There's a food court and a museum and you have sea tours to the Ile de La Passe where there are forts, an old church etc.

I can't upload pictures here, if you need more info send me a mail on [email protected] with Grand Port 2010 as subject and I'll be more than happy to send some pictures.

The entry is Rs. 25 for adults (children and elders are free).

It's worth the trip!

Cheers.

The Girls Gone Rock concert at Indigo this Saturday 28th august 2010.

There was a first night of Carmen Opera yesterday at J&J Auditorium, Phoenix. Great performance. Highly recommend. It's the first proper opera theater on the Island. Sounds very promising and the level of performance was great. Carmen will be on stage until September 19th. Do not miss it. blog.lingvo-consult.ru/?p=472 here is a map hw to get there

Yes, and Natasha Finette-COnstantin will be at the Conservatoire Francois Mitterand at Quatre Bornes today at 20H.

Can only confirm Anton's review. It is THE cultural event of the month in maurice. great enthusiasm by all concerned. I'd recommend it to everyone, if you can make it. well worth the Rs 750 or whatever ticket you get.

thanks guys for your feedback !

where can you buy tickets?

Try Rezo Otayo
otayo.com/

You can buy online.

just take something to eat and drink with you to carmen since it is very long and the theatre seem to not be able to profide the patrons with stuff to buy....   (they were totally overwelmed the opening night)

How long is it? Do you have a pause or something?

There are 2 x 15min breaks, the first one after about 1.5hrs and then after another hour.  The total show is about 4 hours. Very long if you are thirsty!

Thanks Hanlie.

That's really long! But I guess worth it.I hope they still have tickets left!

Hey everyone,

I know it's a short notice, but there's a Global Work Party tomorrow, 10/10/10, to raise awareness on climate change issues in Mauritius. It's at the Plaza in Rose Hill, starting around 10am. Hope you can make it... 350.org/en/node/17934

Thanks,
Matt

AFRICAN SINGING SENSATION LIVE IN MAURITIUS !!

Date:11 December 2010
Venue:International Conference Centre
Address:Royal Road, Grand Bay.
Tickets:Rs1000.00- Cash Bar and Burger/Boerewors Roll stand available.
Booking:Beach House Restaurant, Grand Bay
Telephone:Cabous 750 2928 or Fred 77 11 704
Theme:Big Bash Party- Dance & Party all night!!
Artists:DOZI, Amor Vittone & Local Music!!

Only 350 tickets available.

Date:17 December 2010
Venue:Le Bonne Chute Restaurant
Address:Royal Road, Tamarin.
Tickets:Rs1200.00- Dinner Included
Booking:Le Bonne Chute Restaurant 483 6552
Telephone:Richard 981 2801 or Fred 77 11 704
Theme:Laid Back, Relax & Party all night!!
Artists:DOZI & Daniel Caliste

Only 220 tickets available.

DON'T MISS IT!

Hello Amanta :)

Your post has been merged with the Agenda 2010 discussion for better visibility.

Regards,
Sheetul

thanks Sheetul :top:

Mauritius' most anticipated Festival of the year: REGGAE DONN SA 5

Date: 27-28 November 2010
Time: 18.00 - 05.00(of the following day)
Venue: Stade Germain Comarmond, Bambous (in the region of Flic En Flac)
Ticket: Rs 350 (@ Otentikk Paradize Burning, Habit, Dodo Music) and Rs 450 on the day of concert
Theme: Local, regional and international Reggae music
Artists: NUTTEA, YANISS ODUA, RAS RICKY, MERCENARY,
OSB CREW, MENWAR, RASINN, RAS MINIK & COOL IS I, MALKIJAH, CHALICE MAN, SHAO BOANA
Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhVteRVTXP0

Hi,

You can follow forthcoming festivals on the link

orange.mu/loisirs/