Any Brits in here?

Dear all,

I've just moved back from London because of my new job in Binjiang, Hangzhou. Having lived and worked in London for 3 years, I'm seriously nostalgic about London and missing all my friends in the UK. And stilton cheese!

It would be good to meet some new friends here, especially new friends from UK! Please get in touch by replying to this thread if you guys want to hang out sometime.

Jess

Hi jess! Hope you are enjoying hangzhou! I'm from Birmingham and currently live in Ningbo (around fifty minutes away) but often travel to hangzhou.
Would love to meet up with a fellow Brit when I'm next there! Do you have we chat? If so, my username is jenna55

I must warn you though I actually have an intolerance to all dairy... Including cheese. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for you, haha!

The absolute worst thing about life in China is the lack of quality cheeses.

Hey all, I'm a Brit from Plymouth and I'm planning on being in Jinhua by the end of Aug. I'm pretty sure that's in the same province as Hangzhou! Anyway, I'm panicking as I'm going alone, so would be happy to meet some fellow Brits. X Donna

hey, from Saltash, living between ningbo and hangzhou. As to cheese, look for a local metro supermarket, they do have some imported  cheese. I seem to be buying a lot of pizza  in China to get my cheese fix.

Hiya. I'm currently in st Budeaux. Good to know a fellow janner is in China. I'll be over at the end of Aug, so if you're around, it'd be nice to have someone to meet with if you were interested?

Hey, I'm not necessarily British but I lived in South Africa for more than 16 years, so I don't have an American accent, if that counts at all? I live in Hangzhou as well, I work in Jianggan district, south west of West Lake.
With regards to cheese, I found some good English cheese at Centurymart by the dairy section, but you're looking to pay around 60 kuai for 200g... (totally worth it though, especially the 15 year matured one... mmmm... that's dairy goodness right there mate..)
If you're keen to grab a drink sometime at Amigo's or Maya's, pop me a message and we'll exchange contact details, yeh?
Regards.

Hi there,

I am Canadian, so that's half brit? haha Just joking....
Cheese, yeah the best bet is Metro or Ole down on Heyi Road........
drop us a line if u get bored in Ningbo....

Cheers
K&E

hi there