What is it like for a software engineer in KSA?

Hello all,

This could be a long shot but I wonder what is the job market like for software engineers in KSA. I have been working in the UK for last five years as a software developer for banking sector.

With British nationality and a postgraduate degree from a well reputed British university, what sort of average salary one can expect?

Many thanks

Very good market.

Expect no less than 15,000, perhaps even as high as 20k or more.

Trapezius wrote:

Very good market.

Expect no less than 15,000, perhaps even as high as 20k or more.

Thanks for your reply Trapezius, I highly appreciate this. I wonder if you could shed some light on what sort of work is usually available and what are the usual means of applying for work. I have been developing low latency applications for financial markets, is there any scope for this type of development?

Best Regards

Most jobs would be in the financial and telecom sectors, but they need software engineers in other places too, such as universities, Saudi airline, oil and petrochem sector, local industrial companies, large multinational companies such Unilever, P&G, etc.

As for your experience, online trading and investment is increasing here rapidly, so there might be financial institutions who can out your specific skills to use.

Best way to apply is through websites that advertise jobs from this region.  I know bayt.com, naukrigulf.com, and monster Arabia.  There must be more, just google for them.  Search for jobs there and apply.  Also go to the website of KAUST and see if they have vacancies.  The big companies probably also advertise in relevant international software industry magazines/websites, etc.

Good luck!