Brits in Rio

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Rio, I moved here with my husband just before Christmas. We're learning Portuguese (slowly!) but we're really looking to make friends with some fellow English speakers. Please get in touch if you fancy meeting up over a beer/juice....

Nicola

I moved to Goiania, GO with my Brasilian wife this past December. Just a few observations:
As friendly as they appear, Brasilians don't socialize as would westerners. I had to learn that you can spend hours with a group of Brasilians and never learn their names. Be patient and keep learning the language. Buy a pocket translator, a big help. Finally Brasilians joke a LOT, This will complicate your learning of the lingo. It's best to let it pass and wait for the next train of thought to arrive so you can get back on "track".

I just moved to Rio couple of weeks ago.  Though not a brit I am fluent in english.

I hail from Singapore so if your husband and yourself want to meet up, we can always arrange something.  Maybe we can organize a meetup with the rest of the english speaking community staying in Rio.

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat as you guys-was living in London, and then NZ for a year, and moved over here for my wife's work.
She is Brasillian and has friends, but I'm keen to extend to English speaking peeps for my sanity too :-)
Based in Ipanema.
Get in touch if you and ur hubby keen to go for a drink sometime.
Cheers,
Doug

Hi,

Just joined and saw these posts from a year ago....I live in Copacabana, am English. If you haven't all given up and gone home, would love to meet up for a juice.

Paul

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/BANNER_zps3602e73e.jpg

Hello pallalex,

On behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. I hope your experience here will be both enjoyable and informative.

I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends in Rio very soon.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello pallalex,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

I would suggest you to create a new topic so that you can share with us about your new life in Brazil.

Regards
Yuveshen

the state of Rio is a big state, where are all you lot in the state
Iam English and from Essex, and live in Iguaba Grande, in the state of Rio
been here for one year and love it
Pete

Hi Nicola, I don't live in Rio but I have moved to brazil 3 months ago to uberlandia to be with my fiance who is from here. I'm finding it difficult here at time having no friends and finding it a challenge learning the language. Be nice to meet new friends. How are you finding it over here?  X

Hello!

I am a translator and PhD student from Rio. I will be happy to help anyone who needs to practice Portuguese and I would love to meet new friends to practice English and Spanish.

Cheers!

Hi you can talk to me any time you like
and Iam English

Hello,

FYI.  I am tentatively planning to go to some of the "CHEAP" Olympic games.  If anyone wants to go to the same games, please let me know.

I am interested in the volleyball in Copacabana, the basketball and gymnastic.  The cheap teickets for the opening and closing ceremony are NOT available at this time.

PLEASE if anyone has a negative comment about the Olympics, PLEASE do not tell me about it.  I know how to buy OFF to keep the mosquitos away and wear proper clothes.  I know how to go with little money, wear a cheap watch and go with other people to be safe.  I have been to New Orleans many times and know all about crime and hate.  I have had my ex-wife robbed at 2:00 PM in the afternoon walking down the sidewalk with our daughter in a very nice neighborhood in HOUSTON, TEXAS.  So Again, PLEASE take your negative comments and do NOT respond to my comment.  Many young people have worked for years to prepare for these games.  These young people come from all over to the world.  It may their first or only time to see Brasil.   I wish them well. I will go to support them and have a good time.

If you are interested, please contact me directly.  I prefer to do a Skype video.  This cost is zero!!!!!!!

LIP  = Live in Peace

John of Macae RJ, Brasil

If you are still in Rio and still want to make good friends who speak English and who are good association, visit our place at Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 1145. We meet together every Saturday, at 10 AM. in order to have Bible based information on how to improve our lives. No payment of taxes are collected. Fully free meeting. You are welcome.